Double Dates

Maya's POV

A few days later, I get released from the hospital, though I'm not sure whose going to be picking me up. I see Cory and Shawn outside, waiting for me. I walk up and I swear, Shawns face turns pink.

"Hi daddy." I wrap my arms around him and put my head on him.

"I'm not your dad. I haven't been there for you. I'm the worst dad of all time." He replies.

"You might not have been there for me before, but you are now." I look up at him, finding the reflection of my glassy eyes in his sunglasses.

"You're right. I know it's not much, but how would you like to come stay with me?" He asks. I see hope in his eyes.

"I would love to. Wait, will I still be able to attend JQA?" I start to freak out because my whole life was there.

"Yeah. I actually live right near the Matthews apartment building. I have a mother and son that live right next door to me actually. By the way, what was the name of the boy you kissed yesterday?" His voice had a little edge to it.

I blush at the memory. "Lucas. Lucas Friar."

"How coincidental!" Shawn exclaimed. "Your boyfriend lives right next door!"

"Speaking of which, would you mind driving me home? I don't feel comfortable here." I sound shy, but it was true.

"Since we came here in my car, I'll drive you guys back to Shawns house and then I'll just go home. Sound okay to you guys?" Cory asks, finally joining the conversation.

I nod and climb into the backseat of the car. I strap myself in and look out the window at everything I missed for six months. It was all still so beautiful.

"So, I'm just going to apologize in advance. I wasn't expecting company, so I don't have a bedroom set up for you." Shawn apologizes.

"It's ok. People call me a miracle. Is it true that people weren't expecting me to wake up?" I ask.

Cory and Shawn look at each other. "Yes." Cory finally says. "You only had a 10% chance to wake up, and an even less chance of remembering. So the fact that you woke up and remembered everything, well that's amazing."

I just look out the window at the passing landscape. About five minutes later, Shawn tells me that we arrived at his house. I thank Cory for the ride and get out. We take the elevator up to Shawn's floor.

"This is my house." He informs me. "And the Friars live to the right of me." He motions to the door to the right. As he puts the key in the door, the Friars door opens and Lucas and Farkle walk out.

"Maya!" Lucas says walking up to me and picking me up. "How would you like to join me for a movie tonight?"

"Like a date?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Yeah..." He replies shyly.

"Hey Farkle! You should invite Riley! It could be a double date." I exclaim excitedly.

He nods and smiles. "I will."

"So Maya," Shawn says as we enter the apartment.

"Yeah?"

"I heard that your phone was turned off because of Katy. We can go to the store later on today and turn it back on. Ok?"

I think about it. "What about my date?"

He winks. "Don't worry. If you get ready before we go, then you'll be okay."

I blush and nod. "Do you know where the old abandoned apartment building is?"