Prologe

"MAYA PENELOPE HART! IF YOU DON'T COME OUT HERE RIGHT NOW, I WILL CUT ALL YOUR CLOTHES UP!"

That's what I hear every night when my mom comes home, if at all. My name is Maya, I am 14 years old and I live in poverty. I don't really have a home. The place where my mom and I stay is an abandoned apartment on the fourth story. I have to climb up the fire escape to get there and we have no running water, electricity, or a father. There is a river behind my house and about twice a week, I go back there and wash off. As for the story about my dad, he left me when he found out my mom was pregnant and my mom hasn't seen him since.

On top of that, I have to balance school and my two jobs. I don't typically get payed a lot at my jobs, about 5 dollars a week. My mom never feeds me, so I have to use my money for food. I only get to eat about 3 times a week. My mom works at a strip club and she never has time for me. Every night, she comes home drunk and she beats me. Every time I'm around her, she is either drunk, high, or both.

I used to believe that good things happen to everyone in time, but I'm starting to doubt my thoughts. My life is a living hell, but with the help of my three friends, Riley, Lucas, and Farkle, it is made better. None of them know my situation at home, and I don't plan on them finding out. My name is Maya, and this is the story of my life.

AN: Hey guys! This is my first story and I have one rule world if you are going to read this. Don't be mean!!! There is a difference between constructive criticism and and being a jerk. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Also? if you don't like my story, you don't have to read it. One more thing this is a hobby not my life so if I don't update right away, it probably means that I'm busy with school or something else. Thanks for reading!

Until next time