fourtieth.

//continuing right from the end of the last chapter! is anyone even still reading this?? sorry this took so long i've been sooo busy; yeah so PLEASE COMMENT I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS i need motivation

jimin smiles shyly, grinning up at the other, standing up to hug him tightly. jungkook laughs, hugging him back,, but looking up at seokjin confusedly when he hears the younger giggling. seokjin stands up, sighing.

"hey, jiminie, jinnie needs to talk to kookie for a minute. okay?" seokjin said gently, a hand on his back.

jimin turned around, frowning, but nodded. "o okay, h hyung."

he sits on the sofa, twiddling his fingers and humming as seokjin ushers a confused jungkook into the kitchen.

"um- hyung-" jungkook stutters, frowning. "what-"

seokjin sighs, pressing a finger to his own lips. "let me explain. do you know what a little is?"

jungkook shakes his head slowly, confusion etched on his face.

"okay, so..." seokjin sighs, covering his face. "basically..jimin's a little. when he's extra tired, or stressed or excited, his mind kind of— regresses? and he acts much younger than his regular self. and this headspace makes him feel safer."

jungkook nods slowly. he had noticed jimin doing this slightly, and understood, but he couldn't help but feel slightly hurt. "why didn't he tell me, though? doesn't he trust me?"

seokjin shakes his head, smiling sadly. "i don't— i don't think jimin knows, kook. i doubt he even knows what littlespace is."

jungkook nods, a smile creeping it's way into his face. "well— he'll still enjoy the— the date. i didn't pick anywhere too expensive or high class, he'll have fun."

seokjin nods. "i know, and i'm sure he'll have fun. just don't forget that he's younger than he usually is, and don't— don't forget to explain to him, gently, what happened. he's gonna wake up confused and embarrassed, most likely."

jungkook nods thoughtfully, thanking the elder. seokjin quickly went back to say goodbye to jimin (along with a kiss on the forehead and a hug), before he wished jungkook luck and left the two alone.

jungkook took a deep breathe before turning to jimin, who stood shyly, looking down at his fingers.

he bites his lip, taking a hand of the others into his own. jimin, however, surprised him. "i i'm going to the— bathroom, i'll be righ back."

jimin scrambles into the washroom, and once he's splashed his face with cold water, he's brought right back to his regular headspace. however, the only thing he thought was that his head was unclear from nerves, and he takes a deep breath before heading back out.

jungkook was on his phone, but he put it away at the sight of jimin. "ready?"

jimin nods, smiling small— his usual smile, unlike the huge grin he gave in littlespace, showing jungkook that jimin was back to his regular headspace.

"okay! here you go!" jungkook holds out the blue envelope, grinning as jimin takes it into his hands, opening it carefully.

jiminie,

aaaahhhhhh time for our date!!!