sixteenth.

jimin wanted to do something special for jungkook. he was his best friend and he was officially moving in– he should do something, right? there wasn't time for anything too fancy, but he invited all his friends to welcome him and so that jungkook could make new friends.

he had called seokjin and asked him if he could make it, who had called the doctor. the doctor said that he wasn't allowed to move too much, but that if anything, fresh air might be good.

jimin prepared an extravagant feast, with many small dishes including vegetable curry, two soups, two kinds of noodles and a dish of plain white rice. it may seem like a lot but if every guest ate well and took some food home, it would be just enough.

for dessert, he would two sorts of soufflé– one with melted marshmallows and cream and chocolate, and the other with pineapple and strawberries and whipped cream and pound cake. both were delicious, and both couldn't be prepared until minutes before being served.

jimin put all the entrées into the oven to keep them warm and made sure everything was spotless in the kitchen before beginning his decorations.

he didn't want to be boring, but he didn't want it to look like a five year old's birthday party, and he decorated accordingly. he passed on any streamers or balloons, and instead put up a beautiful banner (that he painted himself) with the words welcome home jungkook written on it in a beautiful script. he had bought flowers (despite his own allergies, he loved flowers) and put them in vases all over the house– beautiful roses and bluebells and daisies everywhere.

he made crowns out of spare flowers and leaves, reserving the most beautiful for jungkook. he changed his own clothes, a white full sleeved shirt and flower patterned cardigan paired with black jeans, before selecting his own crown to wear.

then he went to get ready for work.

***

it was a rather slow night at work, and jimin spent most of his time slicing strawberries for his soufflé. eventually he was allowed off early and ended up driving home by nine thirty.

upon reaching home, he warmed up a the dishes and was about to set the table for their late night feast when he remembered– he hadn't prepared jungkook's present yet!

he ran to his room and pulled out the wireless earbuds from the box they were delivered in. he put his cheque for five thousand dollars in an envelope and signed his name before putting both of them in a tiny gift bag and filling it with blue and purple tissue paper.

he had just set the bag on jungkook's pillow when there was a knock on the door, and he rushed to answer it.

let the party begin!