thirty third.

when jungkook woke up the next morning, he was hit with two realities. one, his head really hurt, and two, it was really cold. he blindly reached for his phone and brought it up close to his face to check the time; 9:43. he sighed, shutting his eyes to try to sleep before he was hit with a third reality: he really had to pee.

it seemed as if somebody had very gently placed the blanket on him because he wasn't tangled in it, unlike usual. he threw it off and sat up quickly— making him groan loudly in pain from all the sudden movement.

with slow movements and deep breaths, he made his way to the bathroom— and he was proud to say that he didn't cry at all.

he turned the knob, but it clicked— meaning it was locked from the inside. he was confused for a moment before jimin's voice came from inside, "just a second!"

he stood there for about five seconds before jimin opened the door, dressed in baggy pajamas and sporting very disheveled hair. the sight made jungkook smile, the other just looked so small and it made him want to squish his cheeks.

jimin smiled at him and moved out of the way. "morning! feeling better?"

"no. kinda. have to pee," jungkook quickly says, pushing his way into the bathroom.

he heard jimin chuckle as he shut the door, and he rushed to use the bathroom— he was groaning in pain with every movement, and just prayed that jimin couldn't hear him.

when he opened the door, however, he found that his prayers weren't answered. jimin stood with a thermometer and a glass of water, and he smiled sadly at the younger.

"come," he says, allowing jungkook to lean on him as they walked to the living room. there, jungkook sat on the couch exhaustedly, and allowed jimin to put the thermometer under his tongue and hold it there.

"good morning," jimin smiled, wiping his eyes. "i only just woke up, sorry, i would've brought you painkillers earlier."

jungkook shook his head with a small smile as the thermometer began beeping. jimin pulled it out and tsked.

"100.8, not too bad but bad enough. here," he handed him the glass of water along with two painkillers for his headache and fever. he waited patiently as the other drank it slowly, and took the glass back to place it down on the coffee table. "are you hot?"

"i dunno, you tell me," jungkook winks. "am i hot?"

jimin whines at this, making jungkook chuckle. "you know what i mean! are you feeling hot or cold?"

"freezing," jungkook responds honestly. "like— really freezing."

the other sighs, grabbing a thin blanket. jungkook whined at the sight but jimin shook his head as he draped it over the younger.

"i can't give you a blanket any thicker," he frowns apologetically. "it'll worsen your fever."

jungkook nods sadly, patting the spot next to him. "at least let me hug you. for body heat."

jimin complied easily and went to sit next to him, laughing as he immediately curled up under his arm despite the height difference. he runs his fingers through his hair slowly, hoping to calm the boy.

"are you hungry?" he asks quietly, frowning when the boy shook his head in response. "well, you have to eat something."

jungkook sighs and shakes his head, moving so that he lay his head in the other's lap. jimin got the hint and continued carding his fingers through his hair and humming softly, before he eventually fell asleep.

jimin, who is still practically half asleep, gradually stops running his fingers through his hair and lets his eyes fall shut, allowing sleep to overcome him.

//i meant for this to be longer but it's three AM n m sleepy
unedited
i'll try to update again ! i'm sorry
tysm for 5k ! 💕