thirty second.

"that's so pretty!" jimin gasped, sneaking a peek at jungkook's sketchbook. the two of them were sat at the dining table, sketching the basic line art for their first paintings with music playing from a speaker between them. jimin had stuck to a tree so that he could focus on detail of colour and blending, while jungkook had been more ambitious, with a drawing of a full landscape of a valley and large mountains and trees and rivers.

the younger laughs, shaking his head. "it's pretty now, but as soon as i start colouring, it's gonna look like a kindergarten project."

the other scoffs playfully, unable to hide a laugh. "it's your first one. we're supposed to be bad."

"whatever," jungkook laughs, putting down the sketchbook. "i'm hungry as f- hell."

jimin rolls his eyes, grabbing his phone. "let's order in. i'm done with people for today."

jungkook hums in agreement as jimin calls and orders a pizza with basil and tomatoes, and puts down his pencil. "hyung?"

"yeah?"

"do you need to..talk about what happened today? or anything related to it?"

jimin sighed, a frown etching onto his face.

jungkook tsks, poking him. "no frowns. don't talk about anything that makes you sad."

"no, no," the other smiles, leaning his chin on his hand. "i should talk about it. about my...sexuality," he whispers the last word.

he looks up to check the other's expression and is surprised to see him looking at him intently, listening readily— but then again he isn't surprised, this is jungkook, after all.

jimin offers him a smile before continuing. "i grew up religious. well no..just in a religious household. i mean, my parents weren't against lgbt in the 'they don't deserve to live' sense, but definitely in the 'it's wrong and is the worst kind of sin' sense." jungkook grabbed his hand and squeezes it, grounding him.

"so i never really..thought about it. and when i had my first crush it was on a girl, and i was relieved." he smiled, shaking his head. "but then next time i had a crush, it was..it was a boy. back in high school."

he paused, laughing at himself, before he continued. "so i forgot about it. as in..stopped thinking about it. relationships in general. it was too much of an extra stress, so i just pretended to not care about it."

he looks up at him with a sad smile. "so essentially..i don't know my sexuality."

jungkook smiled at him, shaking his head and squeezing his hand. "that's okay. who cares? you love who you love, it's supposed to make you happy. and it's hard to be happy in a box with a label."

jimin laughs, nodding. "so can i assume you don't have a label either?"

"nope," the other chuckles, surprising him. "i have a simple label: gay as fuck. never looked at a girl in anything other than friendly love or hatred in my whole life."

jimin laughs, squeezing his hand. "that's okay, too."

jungkook looked like he was about to say something, but somebody knocked at the door— and he stood up and ran to go pay for the pizza.