Chapter 14

Domino's POV

Today was the first time I left the hospital since the accident. I walked out of the hospital alone. It felt weird being alone when I was so used to always having Elliot around me. Sadly couldn't Eliot leave the hospital yet. They needed to take some tests to make sure everything was okay. Elliot was sleeping in his room. He had been awake for a week. He had some problems remembering some stuff but most of the parts were about his past. The doctors said it might come back but they didn't really know.

I needed to do this thing on my own. This part of my life he couldn't join yet. I was going to a ring store to find a ring for him that would fit both his finger and personality. My mom talked to him about rings like what site he used. He didn't get any hint, so I was overly happy about that.

My sister promised to drive me to the store since my car was ruined because of the drunk driver. Now he was in the prison. Luckily for him else I would have been his nightmare because he hurt my angel.

I walked to down to my sister's car and got into it. She fast turned the music off which meant the was ready to talk my ears off. She told me she knew the perfect place to buy the ring I just let her drive me. All the way to the store she talked about how happy she was that I would finally get married to a great guy. I just looked at her impressed of how much she could talk. She talked like a waterfall. I didn't talk much since I was nervous of how everything would go. In her head she was already planning the wedding. I didn't mind, I needed her help with it.

I got out of the car my sister was following my lead, but I turned around and said, "I would like to do this by myself." She just nod and sat back down in the car seat again. I walked in to the store and asked the man if I could see the guy's rings. He put them all on the table. There was so many normal boring looking. I was looking for something special not just some ring a thousand could be walking around with.

Then I saw the most perfect ring for my Elliot. The ring was silver but inside the silver there was a marked moon. The matching ring was marked a sun. I got tears to my eyes as I pointed at the rings. It reminded me of when Elliot told me about his grandparents. About how he saw real love.

 About how he saw real love

(Their wedding rings. The moon for Elliot and the sun for Domino.)

"I'll take them." I said with a low voice.

"He most be a lucky guy, to have such a caring man like you." The man behind the desk said as he the rings in two ring holders.

I just smiled and said "People may see him as lucky, but he saved me and still stayed with me through my bad times. So trust me when I say I'm the lucky one." The man nod with a proud smile on his lips. I bet he was happy to see a man who loved his partner as much as I do.

I smiled at the memory of Elliot sitting in my lap when I had a depressing day and tears were running down my cheeks. He said as he wiped my tears away "I love you and only you and I'll love you to the end of time and even after that. You are my world I will never leave you. Plus if I was alone who would make food for me, you know I can't cook to save my life." After that I was left with a smile on my face. He knew how to cheer me up.