20. The Forbidden Forest

Y/N's POV

The fact that I had lost Gryffindor two hundred points was still on my mind, the whole Quidditch team seemed annoyed with me, they only referred to me as 'the seeker.'

Hermione and Neville were having a difficult time as well, no one would speak to them either and as for Harry, from once being so popular and loved for being The Boy who Lived, he was now one of the most hated.

One morning, notes were delivered to me, Harry, Hermione, and Neville at the breakfast table. They were all the same:

Your detention will take place at eleven o'clock tonight.

Meet Mr Filch in the entrance hall.

Professor McGonagall

At eleven o'clock that night, we said goodbye to Ron in the common room and went down to the entrance hall with Neville. Filch was already there, and so was Malfoy. I had forgotten that Malfoy had gotten a detention too.

"Follow me," said Filch, lighting a lamp and leading us outside.

"I bet you'll think twice about breaking a school rule again, won't you, eh?" he said, leering at us. "Oh yes...hard work and pain are the best teachers if you ask me...It's just a pity they let the old punishments die out...hang you by your wrists from the ceiling for a few days, I've got the chains still in my office, keep 'em well oiled in case they're ever needed...Right, off we go, and don't think of running off, now, it'll be worse for you if you do."

We marched off across the dark grounds.

I was thinking of what the punishment was going to be, it could be bad since Filch seemed quite delighted. I also was thinking about how my parents would react, my dad was quite mischievous so maybe they wouldn't be that mad.

"Is that you, Filch? Hurry up, I want ter get started."

My heart rose, if we were going to be working with Hagrid it wouldn't be so bad. My relief must have showed in my face, because Filch said. "I suppose you think you'll be enjoying yourself with that oaf? Well, think again, boy, it's into the forest you're going and it'll be lucky if you all come out in one piece."

Malfoy stopped dead in his tracks.

"The forest?" he repeated. "We can't go in there at night, there's all sorts of things in there, werewolves, I heard."

"That's your problem, isn't it?" said Filch, his voice cracking with glee. "Should've thought of them werewolves before you got in trouble, shouldn't you?"

Hagrid then came striding toward us out of the dark, Fang at his heel. He was carrying his large crossbow, and a quiver of arrows hung over his shoulder.

"Abou' time," he said, "I bin waitin' fer half an hour already. All right, Y/N, Harry, Hermione?"

"I shouldn't be too friendly to them, Hagrid," said Filch coldly, "they're here to be punished, after all."

"That's why yer late, is it?" said Hagrid, frowning at Filch. "Bin lecturin' them, eh? 'Not your place ter do that. Yeh've done yer bit, I'll take over from here."

"I'll be back at dawn," said Filch, "for what's left of them." he added nastily, and he turned, making his way back.

Malfoy now turned to Hagrid.

"I'm not going in that forest," he said, obviously scared.

"You are if yeh want ter stay at Hogwarts," said Hagrid fiercely, "you've done wrong an' now you've got ter pay fer it."