2. The Hogwarts Express

Y/N's POV

Today was the day I was going to Hogwarts and I couldn't have been more excited. When we arrived at King's Cross Station I had my brother Issac by my side. My parents had told him to look after me and he nodded, he and I are close and we get along well which was good.

I knew where Platform nine and three-quarters was since I went with Isaac every year to see him board the Hogwarts Express. So when we got to the wall between nine and ten, I took a deep breath and ran with my trolley. I closed my eyes and when I opened them again I saw the scarlet Hogwarts Express and many other kids with their parents saying goodbye. Issac and my parents quickly followed behind me and Issac quickly said his goodbyes.

"Hey Y/N, I'll catch you on the train yeah?" he said before running off to find Fred and George.

I sighed before turning to my parents. "I guess it's time for me to go, will you guys write to me?"

"Of course, expect a letter every week." my mum smiled.

"See you buddy, you go have fun. Make sure Issac looks after you." My dad added. I then hugged both of them before handing my trunk to someone and getting onto the train. When I got on I couldn't find Issac so I decided to sit with some people who seemed like first years.

I finally found a compartment with Ron and another boy in. I knew Ron already since I always used to go over to the Burrow.

"Hey Ron, mind if I sit here?" I asked.

Ron glanced up. "Hey Y/N! Yeah, come sit with us."

I smiled and sat next to him before looking at the other boy, "I'm Y/N L/N." I said giving him my hand to shake.

"I'm Harry Potter." He said before shaking my hand.

"I've heard of you." I replied and he looked quite confused so I didn't say anything more about his past.

Throughout the journey, we all talked to each other and we got along really well since me and Ron already knew each other so it was easier. When the trolley came we all looked at the food in excitement.

"Anything from the trolley dears?" the witch asked.

I looked at Harry before we both said in sync. "We'll take the lot."

Me and Harry split the total, my family weren't the poorest family. We had enough money, too much money for Blood-traitors according to other Pure-blooded families, including the Malfoys.

The three of us then started eating all the snacks, me and Ron had to explain some of the sweets and chocolate to Harry since he grew up with Muggles.

"My brother taught me a trick over the summer, you wanna see?" Ron asked.

Me and Harry nodded and Ron got out his wand. Just as he got out his wand a girl entered the compartment, after asking if we had seen a toad, she saw that Ron was attempting a spell and wanted to watch. I realised that this was the same girl from Diagon Alley and smiled at her. I could see a little bit of red on her cheeks which caused me to blush a little bit as well.

"Sunshine daisies butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat yellow." Ron said and to his disappointment, nothing happened. I couldn't help but chuckle a bit.

The girl shook her head before demonstrating a spell. "Occulus repairo."

Ron looked really annoyed at her. She then turned to leave when I spoke up. "Mind if I help you find the toad?"

She looked back at and nodded. "Sure," she then turned to Harry and Ron, "I would suggest changing into your robes, we're nearly there. You also got a bit of dirt on your nose." She added pointing at Ron.

I waved a quick bye to both boys before following the girl.

"So uh, I never got your name when we briefly met at Diagon Alley." I said nervously.

"Hermione, Hermione Granger." she said, I nodded whilst looking in compartments trying spot a toad.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Y/N L/N." I replied. Neither of us said anything else but it felt nice to be in her presence. I ended up leaving and quickly changing into my robes.

When I got off Hogwarts Express I saw this giant man shouting. "Firs' years over 'ere"

We were told to go in boats with other people. I saw that Hermione already was in a boat with others so I found Ron and Harry. We started talking before the castle came into view. It was breathtaking.

"Wow..." I muttered, "Hogwarts..."