14. A New Term

Y/N's POV

The next few nights I kept on thinking. Hermione appeared in a mirror which showed your greatest desires. I did like her, maybe it was in a way that was more than a friend. I decided not to act on these new feelings and instead just ignore them.

The day Hermione came back, which was the day before the new term starter, me, Harry and Ron greeted her. She hugged me and said. "Thanks so much for your present Y/N! I love it!"

I smiled and blushed slightly. "You're welcome 'Mione."

Harry was then there sharing something that happened to him. He kept on going to the Mirror and one night Dumbledore caught him.

"He said that it was being moved and that I shouldn't find it. It also drives people mad with desire." Harry told us.

When Hermione found out that we were out of bed and roamed the school she shook her head disappointedly. She was also disappointed that we didn't find out who Nicolas Flamel was.

"To be fair, we were enjoying Christmas." Ron stated.

The four of us had pretty much now given up finding out who Flamel was since once school started again the homework piled up again and we barely had time. On top of that, I had Quidditch training again.

Wood started training us harder than usual, the rain replacing the snow. Many times I would finish training and my H/C hair would be soaking wet. Then one training session, Wood delivered us some bad news.

"Will you stop messing around!" he yelled, aiming this at Issac, Fred and George who were messing around. "That's exactly the sort of thing that'll lose us the match! Snape's refereeing this time, and he'll be looking for any excuse to knock points off Gryffindor!"

Issac, Fred and George froze at what Wood had just told the team.

"Snape's refereeing?" Issac spluttered. "When's he ever refereed a Quidditch match? He's not going to be fair if we might overtake Slytherin."

The whole team started shouting their complaints to Wood before he yelled. "It's not my fault. We've just got to make sure we play a clean game, so Snape hasn't got an excuse to pick on us."

I grimaced, I didn't want Snape referring ever since he tried to knock me off my broom. However, I kept my complaints to myself.

When I told this to the other three that night they were very much annoyed.

"Pretend to break your leg." Hermione suggested.

"Say you're ill?" Harry added.

"Actually break your leg." Ron then said.

"Guys, Gryffindor don't have a reserve seeker, I have to play." I sighed.

At that moment Neville toppled into the common room. His legs had been stuck together with what they recognized at once as the Leg-Locker Curse. I felt bad for the kid, he must've bunny hopped all the way to the Common Room.

Harry and Ron burst out in laughter whilst Hermione just stood up and performed the counter curse.

"Neville, what happened?" she asked.

"Malfoy." Neville said shakily. "I met him outside the library. He said he'd been looking for someone to practice that on."

"Report him to Professor McGonagall!" Hermione urged.

Neville shook his head. "I don't want more trouble."

"You've got to stand up to him, Neville!" Ron said. "He's used to walking all over people, but that's no reason to lie down in front of him and make it easier."

"There's no need to tell me I'm not brave enough to be in Gryffindor, Malfoy's already done that." Neville choked out.

I felt around in the pocket of my robes and pulled out a chocolate frog, it was the very last one from the box someone had given me for Christmas. I gave it to Neville, who looked as though he might cry.

"It's ok Neville, it's just Malfoy." I sighed.