11. Jinxed Broom

Hermione's POV

All of a sudden I could see that Y/N was moving around on his broom, not normally though. I heard Seamus ask if something had happened to him since Flint blocked him but Hagrid interfered.

"Can't have," he said, his voice shaking, "can't nothing interfere with a broomstick except powerful dark magic, no kid could do that to a Nimbus Two Thousand."

Just then I grabbed Hagrid's binoculars and started looking around. After a few seconds, my eyes focused on Snape who seemed to be muttering something.

"I knew it!" I muttered before adding. "There, look! Snape's jinxing his broom."

"What do we do?" Harry asked. I thought for a minute before replying.

"Leave it to me."

Right after I said those words I quickly ran off, navigating through the stands. Every few seconds I would look back out onto the field only to see that Y/N was struggling more and more. I quickly had to stop Snape's jinx before he fell off the broom and hurt himself.

I was now rushing towards the stand Snape was in and quickly went behind him, accidentally knocking into Professor Quirrel, I didn't even say sorry as I was way too focused on saving Y/N. I crouched down and performed a new spell I had learnt which set his robes on fire. It took around half a minute for Snape to realise that his robe was on fire and a sudden yelp let me know. That spell was enough as the next time I looked in the air, Y/N was able to safely clamber back onto his broom. I smiled to myself before returning to the original stand I was sitting in. I stayed there watching the rest of the game.

A few minutes later I saw Y/N dive down and reach out for what I assumed to be the Snitch, he landed on the field and I let out a quiet scream. All of a sudden, he started coughing and looking like he was about to throw up. Seconds later something emerged in the palm of his hands and it turned out to be the Golden Snitch. Everyone in Gryffindor cheered much to Slytherin's dismay.

"He didn't catch the Snitch! He swallowed it!" I heard Slytherin's captain complain when I was running onto the pitch to congratulate Y/N.
Y/N hadn't broken any rules so Gryffindor had won a hundred and seventy points to sixty. As I reached Y/N I quickly threw my arms around him and hugged him. He hugged me back and I could feel a tint of pink on my cheeks, I prayed that he wouldn't notice it when he looked at me.

"You did amazing!" I said happily as he smiled.

"Thanks 'Mione." he replied, recently he started calling me 'Mione rather than Hermione and I quite liked it. It made me feel funny inside, just everything that he did made me feel funny inside. I didn't know why but I kinda liked it.

Y/N's POV

"It was Snape! He was jinxing your broom!" Ron exclaimed later when we were at Hagrid's hut.

"It's true," Harry nodded, "me, Ron and Hermione saw him."

"Rubbish, why would Snape do somethin' like that?" Hagrid defended.

I looked at the three of them who nodded as if they knew what I was going to say.

"I found out something about him," I told Hagrid, "he tried to get past that three-headed dog on Halloween. It bit him. We think he was trying to steal whatever it's guarding."

"How do you know about Fluffy?!" Hagrid said in shock.

"Fluffy?" I said, eyes wide.

"Yeah, he's mine, bought him off a Greek chappie I met in the pub las' year, I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the..."

"The..." I asked.

"Don't ask me anymore, it's top secret." Hagrid said gruffly.

"But Snape's trying to steal it!" Hermione protested.

"Rubbish!" Hagrid said again. "Snape's a Hogwarts' teacher, why would he steal it?"

"So why did he try to kill Y/N this afternoon?" Hermione cried. "I know a jinx when I see one, Hagrid, I've read all about them! You've got to keep eye contact, and Snape wasn't blinking at all, I saw him!"

"I'm tellin' yeh, yer wrong!" Hagrid said hotly. "I don' know why Y/N's broom acted like that, but Snape wouldn' try an' kill a student! Now, listen to me, all four of yeh, yer meddlin' in things that don' concern yeh. It's dangerous. You forget that dog, an' you forget what it's guardin', that's between Professor Dumbledore an' Nicolas Flamel..."

"Aha, so there's a Nicolas Flamel involved." Harry said smugly.

We left Hagrid's hut with Hagrid looking furious at himself.