9. Halloween

Y/N's POV

Today in my Charms lesson Professor Flitwick finally said we were able to learn how to make objects fly. We were partnered up, I was with Hermione, and Harry was with Seamus. Ron didn't have a partner so Flitwick put him in a three with me and Hermione. Part of him I could tell was annoyed since Hermione was here.

"Now, don't forget that nice wrist movement we've been practicing!" squeaked Professor Flitwick. "Swish and flick, remember, swish and flick. And saying the magic words properly is very important, too, never forget Wizard Baruffio, who said 's' instead of 'f' and found himself on the floor with a buffalo on his chest."

The whole class looked quite worried so I added. "But this isn't as complex is it Professor?"

"Of course L/N, you won't have a buffalo on your chest." Flitwick squeaked in response.

When we started practising the incantation 'Wingardium Leviosa'.

I made sure I was pronouncing it correctly and that I was swishing and flicking. Hermione didn't seem to have any difficulties but Ron seemed to be struggling.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" Ron shouted whilst waving his arms around to no success.

"Ron, it's like this." I sighed before demonstrating.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" I said, right after the feather started flying.

"Well done!" Flitwick clapped. "Look everyone, Mr L/N has done it!"

I smiled before I heard Hermione try to give advice to Ron.

"You're saying it wrong," she said, "it's Wing-gar-dium Levi-o-sa, make the 'gar' nice and long."

"Oh piss off." I heard Ron say whilst rolling his eyes and sulking off, joining Harry. Hermione looked at me, a hint of sadness in her eyes, I gave her a reassuring look.

"Don't worry Hermione, it's just Ron."

After the lesson ended, I left with Harry and Ron, it wasn't long before Ron started going on about Hermione.

"It's no wonder no one can stand her," he said to the two of us as we pushed our way into the crowded corridor, "she's a nightmare, honestly."

"She's not that bad, maybe you just don't give her a chance." I defended, Hermione was actually nice and I felt that they hadn't really given her a chance.

Just then someone knocked into Harry as they hurried past him. It was Hermione. I caught a glimpse of her face and was startled to see that she was in tears.

"I think she heard you." Harry stated.

"So? She must have realised she's got no friends." Ron said, looking uncomfortable.

"Ron, just shut your mouth for once! Please!" I said, annoyed, before rushing off to follow Hermione.

I followed her to a girls' bathroom and cursed, I didn't know how I was going to get in. I was waiting outside for her to come out when an older girl exited the bathroom.

"Um, what are you doing here? This is a girls' bathroom."

"Oh, sorry, I'm waiting for my friend she's a bit upset and I want to see if she's ok."