7. The Three Headed Dog

Y/N's POV

Later at dinner, I couldn't wait to tell all my friends about what had happened between me and McGonagall. They were all expecting me to be expelled but when I told them the news that I was Gryffindor's newest seeker they all cheered.

"Seeker?" Ron exclaimed. "But first years never get on the team, you must be the youngest house player in about-"

"A century." I finished for him before eating my food. Harry and Ron both looked particularly impressed whilst Hermione looked at me disapprovingly.

"I know you're secretly impressed Granger." I smirked.

I could see her blush a little before looking away. I looked back at Harry and Ron and behind them saw, my brother with Fred and George.

"I heard you made the team lil' bro." Issac smiled.

I nodded, he was a chaser on the Quidditch team.

"Congrats," Fred started, "Wood told us, we're beaters."

"I tell you, we're going to win that Quidditch cup for sure this year. We haven't won since Charlie left, but this year's team is going to be brilliant. You must be good, Y/N, Wood was almost skipping when he told us." George added.

"Anyway, us three gotta go, Lee Jordan reckons he found a new secret passageway." Issac said before waving at me and walking off with Fred and George following.

Just as they left, Malfoy arrived with a smirk on his face, with Crabbe and Goyle following close behind.

"One last meal before you're sent on the train back?" Malfoy said nastily.

"You're a lot braver now that you're back on the ground and you've got your little friends with you." I replied coolly.

"I'll duel you anytime you want L/N." Malfoy snarled. "Tonight, wizard's duel. Just wands. Never heard of a wizard's duel before?"

"Of course he has." Ron said. "I'm his second, who's yours?"

Malfoy paused. "Crabbe. Midnight tonight. The trophy room."

Once he had gone Harry, who was raised with Muggles, asked. "What's a wizard's duel and what do you mean you're Y/N's second?"

"Well, a second's there to take over if you die," Ron said casually, I nodded to what Ron was saying. After seeing the look on Harry's face, he added quickly, "but people only die in proper duels, you know, with real wizards. The most Y/N and Malfoy'll be able to do is send sparks at each other. Neither of them know enough magic to do any real damage. I bet he expected Y/N to refuse, anyway."

Hermione then entered our conversation. "I couldn't help but overhear your conversation with Malfoy."

Ron rolled his eyes and I heard him mutter. "Bet you could."

"You can't go wandering around the school at night, think of the points you'll lose Gryffindor if you're caught, and you're bound to be. It's really very selfish of you." Hermione added, I quickly looked at her.

"Don't worry Hermione, we'll be fine." I said with a poor attempt of a reassuring smile.

She rolled her eyes and went back to her previous conversation.

At half-past eleven that night, me and Ron were both ready to go. Harry insisted on tagging along so we let him. We crept across the Common Room hoping not to wake anyone up.

"I can't believe you guys are actually going to go." a voice said.

We all looked around in panic only to find Hermione sitting in a chair.

"You!" Ron said in disgust. "Go back to bed!"

"I almost told your brother Percy, he's a Prefect. He could stop this." Hermione replied.

Harry and Ron obviously had negative opinions of Hermione but I didn't. Personally, I found her to be quite nice.

"Hermione, we're going to go whether you like it or not." I said calmly.

"Of all people, you Y/N! I thought you would know better."

We were now outside the Common Room as we had tried to escape her. She just followed. She then sighed. "Fine, I give up. But it's your fault if you get caught and expelled."

She then turned around only to see that the portrait leading to the Common Room was vacant. The Fat Lady has obviously gone somewhere.

"Now where am I going to go?" Hermione said shrilly.

"Just tag along Granger." I said, motioning for her to join us.

Ron muttered something and I elbowed him. "Just let her come." I whispered.

The four of us started walking towards the Trophy Room. By the time we got there, it was nearly midnight. When we got there we found a not so pleasant surprise of Filch walking around muttering.

I cursed, Malfoy must have tipped us off. We saw Filch and his cat Ms Norris and before we knew it we had caused a noise so loud we had no choice but to run for our lives.

When we stopped Hermione immediately said. "I told you! Malfoy tricked you guys."

She was clutching the stitch in her chest. I was the only one who didn't look like they had just run a marathon. Everyone else looked like they were about to collapse.

We were trying to make our way back to the Gryffindor tower as quickly as possible when we ran into Peeves. He screamed that we were out of bed and we had to run again. All the staircases were twisting and we found ourselves on the third floor that Dumbledore said was forbidden.

We quickly opened a random door with the spell 'Alohamora'.

What we saw scared the life out of all four of us. It was a dog, and not just a normal one. A massive three-headed one.

"Should we run?" I said as calmly as I could.

The other three nodded as the dogs started growling at us. We opened the door and ran all the way back to the tower. When we were back in the Common Room.

"Why do they keep that kind of monster in this school?" Ron asked.

"Don't you use your eyes? It was standing on a trapdoor." I replied.

"I'm sorry I wasn't looking at the ground when a three-headed dog was trying to kill me!" Ron said sarcastically.

Before she left for bed Hermione glared at all of us. "I hope you're pleased with yourselves. We could all have been killed, or worse, expelled. Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to bed."

"Night Hermione." I muttered but she didn't look back.