Chapter Six

The living room was dark, the blinds blocking out any light the sun provided, the room was warm. I turned to look at Stiles, his face seemed wet and he snifled.

“Are you actually crying because of Starwars?” I laughed, chuckling to myself. I threw a piece of popcorn at him.

“Gets me every time.” He said, throwing it back as he grinned a little as it hit my forehead. I put a strand of hair behind my ear.

“You’re such a girl, Stilinski. Who would've known you cry at star wars.” I said, eating popcorn.

“Dont act like that scene didn't make you tear up a little, I heard you.” He laughed, swiping for the bowl of popcorn. The popcorn tasted burned, we had left it in the microwave for too long, and we had a fit of laughter but he fixed it by throwing away the darker ones, so it was ok. 

“Fine. I cried, a little.” I made a small gap between my thumb and index finger. “Only this much.”

“Hyprocrite. You cried just as much as me.” I laughed, pulling the covers over my lap.   

“Can I come in?” A voice said, Sherrif Stilinski, popped his head around the door and smiled. “Uh, you guys ok?”

We nodded in unison. “I was just about to go.”

“Now?” Stiles said, his eyebrows scrunched together. He always did that when he was confused, even when we were kids, as if he was worried or perplexed, which naturally was his face all the time in math. I nodded.

“I’m already late. I was meant to get home by six.” I smiled at the sherrif.

“I’ll walk you out.” Stiles ruffled his hair and took the blanket off his lap. He was wearing his purple hoodie he loved, he’d had it for so long it had small stains here and there, ones that probably couldn't be removed. I grabbed my duffel bag and threw it over my shoulder.

“We should hang out again soon.” Stiles said, when he opened the door. I walked out and he stood at the door, his head leaning against the door frame.  I smiled, and I felt something weird in my stomach. Maybe I was sick?

“You got it.” He grinned and was about to shut the door.

“Stiles, wait.” His eyes widened and before I knew what I was doing I leant forward fast and kissed his cheek and turned on my heels, walking away from Stiles’ house. I didn't turn around. I didn't know why I had just kissed his cheek or what had led me to, but I found myself smiling all the way home, the smile still lingering on my lips even before I fell asleep.