໒ཏศ♇₮ཛཞ 3 ~ Art, Lunch, and Man Whores

Start from the beginning

We were working on self projects again. This time was a view. An image really, that we called into our minds with no photo to copy off of. I was a terrible artist, that's why I signed up for art, to get better. So far, it wasn't happening. I was still the same old terrible artist that I've always been. I was thinking of drawing a bike on my lawn I saw the other day but the moment I met Adam kept popping into my head uncalled for. I sighed, I guess I should go with that.

I didn't want to do it wrong, I felt like if I did I would defile the original somehow. I sketched again and again just the outline of a person, the bare minimum. I drew all the parts separately, just trying to get them perfect. The nose, the eyes, the mouth, the hands, the head. Piece by piece I put them together. Mr. Cuts walked by, "Mr. Curtis, it seems you're doing well for once." Yup, pretty sure he hates me.

"Of course sir, I have a clear image in mind and I want to do it perfect," I told him. He nodded approvingly, I smiled a bit, totally gonna warm this old geezer up, just you wait. "Actually," I started, "I was wondering if you had any tips, I want to draw it right and frankly I don't think i have enough experience to do that yet, can you help?"

"What were you thinking of doing?" he asked me. I stepped him through it, he seemed surprised that I was doing a guy instead of a girl like it seemed like most boys were doing. "I see," he said after I explained it. I knew more details than I knew, right down to the lighting. "Well," he handed me a packet of papers off his desk. "This is a lesson book that I've put together with lots of tips for drawing people, maybe you can use it and tell me if it actually helped. I'll give you some extra time too, just remind me when I ask for them." He gave me a wan smile, he likes me.

"Sure," I made my face light up, lying is second nature I tell you, "that would be wonderful, thank you so much!"

"Anything for my hardworking students." Ah, he didn't like me because I didn't try not because I wasn't any good. Damn, I just accidently set the bar for my work higher. Guess I can't slack off as much anymore. I sighed, opening the booklet and sketching into my sketch book. Maybe I can wow Adam with my art skills, if he ever learns I'm in his class. I bit my lip, I wasn't gonna wow an artist with second rate art though.

Lunch was terribly uneventful. Adam had taken his lunch back into the art room to keep working. I wonder what his project was. He has gotten pretty good at ignoring me at lunch. I don't think it helps his opinion of me at all though when I trip him as he walks past. Whoa, I'm a jerk aren't I? I narrowed my eyes at my salad, maybe I shouldn't be tripping him. Yeah. "Sam, did you see the way Daphne looked in that new dress?" I shook my head, half paying attention. "Dude! You should have seen her, she looked amazing!" my friend Chris exclaimed. Chris' blonde shaggy hair made him come off as disheveled but he was surrounded by girls almost constantly. I guess they liked his personality or something insane like that. Chris doesn't have a personality, he has a dick.

"Amazingly slutty if you ask me," Jonas barked. He wasn't a ladies man but he certainly looked like it, he was tall, muscular, dark hair with tan skin. He was good looking, which I guess is why we're friends, but he didn't like girls that showed too much. He was like a traditionalist, he wanted a goody-goody I guess. But who am I to judge, I'm holding a torch for a guy. That's still embarressing. I munched quietly, trying not to input anything.

"Sam?" Chris asked annoyed, "what's up?" I stared blankly ahead for a second, my hand holding my fork loosely. "Where's that kid you always trip?" He looked around, turning back to me with a smirk. Oh god, I even hate it when other people smile because of him. Somebody help me.

"Bored," I said simply, trying to cover it up. I drop my fork into my bowl and got up. I made my way to the trash can, noticing the bathroom chick. Giving her a tentative smile, trying to look cool. I tripped. On what, I couldn't tell you. I fumbled with my salad as it spun in the air. I panicked and didn't hit it. It landed in the trash to my surprise. I looked around, the bathroom girl seemed to be the only one that saw, she just stared. I sighed and picked up a few stray lettuces from the floor. God I'm clumsy.

As soon as I was seated with my friends I felt a hand down my torso, hooking in one of my belt loops. A sly voice whispered in my ear, "Sam, you didn't call me yesterday." I stared ahead blankly. I don't want to do this right now at all. Hillary ran an arm around my neck, her free hand moving my face to look at her own. "I had so much fun last time, we should do it again."

I smiled, pulling her close, "of course." She was right up close to me, I leaned in to kiss her, and when her eyes fluttered shut, I shut it down. "Not." I pushed her away. Not hard enough hurt her, not soft enough so she'd think I'm kidding. She looked shocked at first, but then again, I'm known for my one nights. She stalked off quietly, thankfully. I heard she could make quiet the racket.

Jonas watched her leave with disgust, I patted him on the back once, turning my attention to Chris. He on the other hand was looking around eagerly and back to HIllary. "Just go if you want to," Jonas ground out.

"Dibs!" Chris yelled as he ran after Hillary. I watched them for a little bit. After a couple minutes he had his arm around her should, a couple more and they were making out.

"He's a man whore I tell you, a man whore." Jonas left to throw his own lunch away.

"What happens if you never find the perfect girl?" I asked him, "what if you fall in love with a boy?"

Jonas stared at me for a moment, his gaze flickered to Chris and Hillary. "Well first of all, that'd suck, like majorly, I want children. Second of all, I'd take it one step at a time. Figure out why I like them, becomes friends with them, and then make my move when the time was right."

I nodded, suddenly giddy. "You're a pretty swell guy Jonas," Jonas smiled at me, I couldn't help but smile back. Maybe I should become real friends with him, he's a ton better of a person than Chris. We were cracking jokes before long, talking like old friends. Maybe today's lunch wasn't a total disaster. We talked until the bell rang, signalling to get back to class. I departed and he went his own way, Chris never came back to the table, and I hoped I wouldn't see him all day. One can always pray can't they?

I strode through the halls with a new purpose, I smirk, I had a plan to set in motion. ~