Epilogue

••• TEN YEARS LATER •••

Yusei watches with smiling eyes as his wife's hands move through his three-year-old daughter's raven black hair, neatly braiding it down her back. As soon as the braid is finished, the little girl throws her arms around her mother, her electric blue eyes twinkling with childlike optimism. Another child - a five-year-old boy - comes running in and crashes into Yusei's leg.

"I love you, Mommy," the little girl mumbles into her mother's long, obsidian hair.

"Cassie, come on!" the little girl's older brother grumbles, grabbing his sister's hand.

"Leo," Yusei warns, looking lovingly at his son. He looks just like her, he thinks to himself. Nova's genes really are the dominant ones.

"Sorry, Dad," the boy says. "Cassie, let's go!" Leo takes off running, his sister trailing behind him.

"They play so well together," Yusei whispers, wrapping his arms around his wife.

"Cassiopeia's growing up, isn't she?" Nova replies, resting a hand on her lower abdomen, which is barely noticeable as a baby bump. "She'll make a wonderful big sister."

Yusei smiles, placing his hands over Nova's. "I've decided on a name for the baby."

Nova leans her head back, resting against Yusei's collarbone. "What is it?"

"Kalin. After our former friend." Yusei and Nova feel the baby kick when Yusei says its name.

"I love it. As much as I love you." She cranes her neck to kiss his jaw.

"You missed."

The couple smiles, and Yusei spins his pregnant wife to capture her lips with his own. No matter how many times he kisses them, every time he does, it's like the first time.

"I still can't believe we've made two amazing children. And then, we have a third on the way," Yusei whispers into his wife's hair. When his hands land on Nova's belly, Kalin kicks like there's no tomorrow. "From the day I asked you to marry me, I knew you'd make an amazing mother someday."

"And since the day I said yes, I couldn't wait to bring our children into the world." She kisses Yusei's cheek. "You're the perfect daddy to our little angels."

"Thank you, Nova. Thank you for accepting my love."

"It wasn't hard. I fell in love with you because you always loved me, even when I couldn't love myself. I'm so, so happy to return the favor."

To Nova's surprise, Yusei begins to sing. And Nova recognizes the song. She would recognize it anywhere. The song she and her husband would dance to on nights when she couldn't sleep.

You, you light up in the dark
You're the glow in a priceless work of art, oh
I see, I see your shining star
You're the light through my window from afar, oh

And don't you forget
The only thing that matters is your heartbeat going strong
Oh, don't you forget
That nothing else can matter cause you know where I belong

Oh, take me there
Won't you take me there?
Won't you take me home?
Oh, take me there
Won't you take me there?
Won't you take me home?

We, we light up the sky
And heaven knows there's no such thing as goodbye, oh
And love, love can never die
We'll forever be burning, you and I, oh

And don't you forget
The only thing that matters is our heartbeats going strong
Oh, don't you forget
That nothing else can matter cause we know where I belong

Oh, take me there
Won't you take me there?
Won't you take me home?
Oh, take me there
Won't you take me there?
Won't you take me home?

Oh, take me there
Won't you take me there?
Won't you take me home?
Oh, take me there
Won't you take me there?
Won't you take me home?

Nova smiles and kisses her husband. "Our midnight dance song."

"It's true. You brought me home," Yusei says.

"When are we going to tell them, baby?" Nova asks.

"Tell us what?" their daughter asks. Her blue eyes shine with curiosity. "Does this have to do with Mommy's belly growing?"

Nova smiles and kneels down so that she's at her little girl's eye level. "Cassie, how do you feel about being a big sister? Mommy and Daddy have a baby on the way."

Cassie's face brightens with a smile. "Really? Mommy, when?"

Yusei kneels down next to his wife and takes his little girl's hand. "You'll have to wait a couple of months, sweetie."

"I don't mind, Daddy! I'll love it just as much as I love you and Mommy and Leo!" she squeals.

Yusei kisses his wife's lips once more as he watches their two children run around the house in happiness. One day, I was perfectly content with my life. I asked God if things could get any better. And then he brought me to you, Nova, he thinks.

The couple smiles as they picture the future they have together as one.

THE END