Part Two - Chapter 6 - Yusei

As days went by, I got used to not having Nova around again. I mean, she'd been gone for a year, and before she and I reunited, it had been two or three years. The only one of us that's had any contact with her is Crow, and he doesn't say anything about his conversations with her. Sometimes, he'll pass on a hello to Jack. But never to me. And honestly? I don't blame her.

"Whatcha working on?" someone asks from behind me. I turn and it's Crow.

"Hey, man. Just doing some maintenance," I reply, going back to my runner.

"Cool. Hey, have you heard the phone ring?"

I shake my head in reply. "Why?"

"Nothing," he says, crossing his arms and pacing around the garage. "It's just that Nova and I would've had our daily phone call an hour ago. She's not picking up either."

I drop the tools in my hands and get off my knees. "Do you think she's in trouble?"

"Please. You know the answer to that," Crow replies, grabbing his helmet.

"Where are you going?"

"To check on her."

"Mind if I tag along?"

He pauses, staring at the floor. "I don't know if that's the best idea. You know how she feels about you."

"I'll stay outside," I say quickly. "And if she is in trouble, you might need some backup."

"Ugh. Fine," he says reluctantly. "But if she kicks your ass, don't come crying to me, and remember that you wanted to come."

I smile, grab my helmet, and follow Crow out the garage door.

When we get there, he's adamant that I stay behind, so I do. I shouldn't be alone with my thoughts because they're going crazy, wondering what might have happened. Is this how Nova is constantly, wondering what horrible things she did or didn't do? Do her thoughts ever just stop?

A hand waves in my face: Crow's. "Dude. Earth to Yusei," I hear him say.

"You seriously brought him along?" someone else asks bitterly. Oh, joy. It's Allison. She probably still hates my guts. Again, I don't blame her.

"You're seriously asking if I'm serious? You know how persistent he is," Crow replies. "Wouldn't take no for an answer."

Allison scoffs, pulling her helmet on. "Hopefully, those church bell balls of his don't get hurt too bad."

I bring my knees together, protecting my boys. "That's comforting," I say sarcastically.

She rolls her eyes. "Wasn't supposed to be."

"Ally, where'd you say she and Duncan went?" Crow asks.

"She didn't say exactly," Allison replies, mounting her runner. "Just that they were going for a drive."

"Where do you think she'd go?"

"If I had to guess," Allison starts as she zips up her jacket, "she and Duncan started racing, and she would've gone to the Satellite side of the Daedalus Bridge because she knows the streets better."

"Is Duncan as competitive as her?" I pipe up.

"He can definitely give my sister a run for her money sometimes," Allison says.

"What's the plan?" Crow asks.

Allison shrugs. "I don't know, split up and search? Call the others when you find something."

"Sounds good," Crow says.

"Race you over there," Allison says, turning on her engine.

"Oh yeah? Eat. My. Dust!" Crow retorts before speeding off towards Satellite.