Twelve

𝕬𝖒𝖚𝖑𝖊𝖙𝖙𝖊 𝖉𝖊 𝕮𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖎𝖊𝖗

Since the incident at the kitchen Travis and I became a lot closer. We started hanging out more and a little more intimately. Though we're still sleeping in separate bedrooms he would always spend the night in my room just until I fall asleep.

"Whoa, wow. What is that smile for?" Anastasia asked. We're currently having our lunch. She kept on insisting that I should eat a lot of healthy foods.

"W-what? Nothing!"

"Hmm..." She teased. "Nothing? Are you sure?"

"Really, just nothing!"

"Okay if you say so... So what is it?"

I laughed. "I told you it's nothing!"

"Maybe you're reminiscing what you and Mr. Monterro did last night!"

"You're incredulous! We didn't, we haven't –"

"Yea, all right stop being so defensive about it." She rolled her eyes but a malicious smile was plastered on her face. "It's normal and besides Mr. Monterro is unmistakably hot, of course you can't possibly resist him when he starts –"

I covered her mouth. "Stop it! You're unbelievably blatant! We didn't have sex... well, I guess not yet..."

"Oh you." She pointed at me and pinched my cheek.

We high-five and burst into a fit of laughter. Anastasia can be pretty strict and professional on doing her job but she can be really nice.

We continued eating our meal and talk about random things. She gave me a brief background of Travis' company and how it works. She even said in full detail how women at work would always try to flirt with Travis in the hopes of sleeping with him. "It's crazy. People can be so unprofessional."

"So tell me, are you excited? Your wedding's in a few days."

"Yes. Of course. But I guess I've been having this what they call wedding jitters."

"That's normal. I can't wait to get married as well."

"Where is he?" Our giggling was cut off by a loud feminine voice. Our heads directed on the stunning woman walking on long strides towards us. "Anastasia, you're here. Where's your boss?"

A frantic Jane came from behind her. "Ma'am, please you have to leave. Mr. Monterro is not home. He will not like it if –"

"Shut up, maid." My brows furrowed by the way she talked to Jane. "And who is this?" Her finger perfectly manicured in bright red pointed at me. I gulped.

Anastasia stood up. "Good morning, Ms. Clarisse Cooper. I don't know what your business is for barging in here like that. But please, with pleasure I would like you to meet Mr. Monterro's fiancé." I saw Anastasia smirked at her. "She's a beauty, yes?"

I saw how her face crumpled in disgust before she scoffed and gave out a sarcastic laugh. "That's a joke right?" When nobody bothered to speak she went straight to me. A loud smack echoed. I was frozen to my spot, clutching my cheek from where she just slapped me, eyes watering. "You slut!" I was still shocked from what had happened when she grabbed a fistful of my hair. Dragging me down to the floor and slapped me continuously.

"Stop! You're hurting her!" Anastasia and Jane pulled her off of me.

"Don't touch me!" She straightened and fixed herself. On the other hand both Jane and Anastasia helped me up. I feel so pathetic for not being able to defend myself. She completely caught me off guard. Her anger towards me is a puzzle to me. "Did you seriously think that I will believe that Travis will choose this plain pathetic girl over me? Look at her! There's just no way for Travis to marry someone who look nothing but a scullery maid!"