Two

𝕻𝖗𝖔𝖕𝖔𝖘𝖆𝖑

The sun is beaming high above the clear blue sky. I can feel the heat of its harsh rays on my skin as I stood astonished and gawking at the grand mansion in front of me. I'm pretty sure that I look like a stray ignorant woman standing across the tall dark gothic type of gates.

"Yes?" A woman probably around my age asked as she take a step closer to the gates. "What do you need?"

I blinked as I try to find words to say. Her brows furrowed and her annoyed scrutinizing eyes didn't get pass my notice. "Oh hi! I'm Allison Simon. I was told by Mr. Monterro's lawyer that he wants to see me. I was guided to this direction perhaps I'm wrong?" I cautiously asked.

She snorted. "Well, sorry miss. I wasn't told he's going to meet someone, most especially like you. So sorry, can't let you in. Go now, go!" She waved her hand dismissing me like a child.

I was just about to listen to her when a gray-haired woman approached us. "What's going on here?" The younger one turned around dramatically and pointed her finger at me.

"She says sir wants to see her!" Puffing a breath of irritation as she slowly smirked at me. Goodness, how can someone be rude to a stranger? Was this girl not taught what proper manners is?

"May I know your name ma'am?"

"I'm Allison Simon. I'm not sure if this is the right house but –'' I gave an awkward smile and the penetrating heat of the sun isn't helping as beads of sweat started to form on my forehead. The last thing I want was to smell awful on my first face to face with the man who helped us.

"Oh. Yes! Yes he's been expecting you." She opened the gates hurriedly as the girl behind her rolled her eyes, eyeing me head to toe.

While walking I can't help but admire the beauty and elegance of my surrounding. Oh come on, this is no mansion it's a freaking castle! And it screams fortune. The kind woman guided me upstairs and stopped in front of the perfectly burnished wooden door. "Sir, the visitor you've been waiting for is already here."

"Let her in." A deep sexy masculine voice from behind the door ordered. Weird enough to give me a different tingle down my spine.

"Yes, sir." She turned to me smiling still, see it's not hard to be nice. "You can go inside now." Giving me a light pat on my shoulder before leaving.

"Thank you." I turned the knob and enter upon the room. My eyes adjusted from the darkness of the room that was only lit by a small lamp on the desk. Despite the small amount of light it didn't dim the beauty of the room. I felt my heart grew heavier with every stride I take towards the desk, a man is sitting on the swivel chair with his back facing me. I cleared my throat to let him know my existence just in case it wasn't obvious yet.

It was like the clocked stopped from ticking the moment he turned around. Never have I ever witnessed a man look so flawlessly beautiful. His obsidian eyes were highlighted by his dark thick lashes and brows, strong stubble jaw, plump lips. Even with his sitting position and his white sleeves perfectly folded up to his elbow, you can tell that his body is well defined. His slightly messy jet-black hair sums it all up.

"It's rude to stare for too long." He raised a brow and a mocking smirk played on his lips resulting to my eyes darting to it.

I can feel my face heat with his statement. I can't believe I just shamelessly did stare at him. I swallowed the lump on my throat suddenly feeling the dryness of it. "Oh, I'm sorry. I was told Mr. Monterro wants to see me. I just didn't expect that you'd be younger based on my father's description from before."

"I am Mr. Monterro, just the son though. I'm sorry if I didn't meet your expectation. However, I didn't quite understand how you can lack knowledge of the person you owe a lot of money. Hmm?"

"I'm really sorry. I just haven't met your father either." Shame tasted bitter in the edge of my tongue. "I—''

"Please have a seat Ms. Simon." He said with so much seriousness gone were the mocking sexy smile. "You know, I presume you or your father had no intention of paying me at all. And –''

"That is not true, sir."

"Not only that it is rude to stare it is also rude to cut someone off when they're talking."

Realizing my mistake I immediately bowed my head and mumbled an apology.

"I know that times are hard and life can be pretty tough but your family's clearly lacking of initiative. I haven't heard from you for so long. I hope you didn't think that the money you owe me and my father is written on water."

"I'm really sorry. I'm still trying to save and gather money. Please if you would just give us a little more time."

"I find that hard to believe. The last time I saw your father he said exactly the same. In fact, he even borrowed another huge amount. So pardon me if I find your words unconvincing. Another thing is that your father sold me your small land, however, it is still far from enough. I'm afraid." Shocked at his revelation I felt a tug in my heart knowing that we have lost our once home.

"Please, I'm begging you sir. I promise you that before our due ends I could pay you."

He barked out a laugh. Even without humor it is enough to stop my brain from working. In all honesty, he's just too good to be true. It was like god took his time creating him. "Oh, please miss. What was your name again? Allison is it? Ah yes, your father calls you Alice, is that correct?" I nodded timidly. The redundant father word is painful to my ears. "Look, I hope you will not take our kindness for granted. You needed money, you borrowed from us, we provided."

"I can pay you, just not right now. I don't have enough money with me. If you could just give me a little more time."

"Ah, time. You're way past the due. I can't believe you still have the nerve to ask for a little more time. Okay, tell me something straight here Alice. How could you give me back my money if you can barely put a food on your table? And I've been informed that you're already working sixteen hours 24/7 and yet still struggling for your daily expenses? Hmm?" He raised a brow and I can feel every drop of hope leave my body. "But I don't want you to think that I'm insensitive, you see. I think we can sort things out a little and find a way around here. I have a proposition for you." I look up to him meeting his beguiling eyes, drinking in his enchantment as I felt a peck of light in this situation I am in.

In a business like tone he spoke once again. "Marry me and bear me a child."

N: NOT PROOFREAD.