Nine

𝕭𝖆𝖗𝖊

"We're here."

"Oh." I can feel my heart thundering in my chest looking at the elegant mansion in front of us.

His hand covered my left hand on my lap. "There's nothing to worry about Alice. Before we step out of this car, remember that we have to make this relationship look real. My grandparents didn't know about the deal. And call me by my first name." I nodded my head and he gave my hand a light squeeze. He tucked some lose strands of hair behind my ear. "And... you look ravishing in that dress tonight." I can feel my cheeks grew red.

I tried to hide a smile at his compliment and gave him a shy reply. "Why, thank you. You don't look bad yourself Mr. M–, T – Travis..." My breath hitched as he leaned closer. There's a different glint in his eyes. My eyes drifted to his lips. My eyes droop a little because of anticipation. Unable to move I readied myself for what's to come but it never came.

"Are you ready?" the corner of his mouth turned up. He looked amused. "Let's go."

Completely embarrassed my hands touched both of my cheeks. My chest rose and fell with rapid breaths. I am sure that I look scarlet as a tomato right now. I can't believe I actually thought he will kiss me. Of course he won't do that!

Mr. Monterro gave the door a knock before turning to me. "Don't worry you'll be fine." he was still holding my hand as we stood in front of the rich classic wooden doors.

It was not long before a beautiful woman of age opened for us. "Travis!" she beamed happily and hugged and kissed Mr. Monterro on his cheeks. Despite her smoky – grey hair and few visible wrinkles on the side of her eyes that glows with affection as she stares at her grandson, time didn't do her beauty any damage at all. She was like a painting that came to life. Her whole aura gives off classy vibe.

"Crescencia! Don't embarrass your grandson in front of his lovely date." said the old handsome man who has few resemblance with Travis' looks, held the old woman's waist.

The old woman then turned to me. Her eyes widened but sparkled as she went to hug me. A little caught off guard by the gesture. "Oh dear. You're one pretty little thing, aren't you?" she was smiling warmly at me. "What's your name dear?"

Before I could answer Mr. Monte – Travis pulled me to his side. Almost melting me with his warmth. "Papá, Mamá, this is the girl whom I want to spend the rest of my life with, my fiancé – Allison Simon."

"Oh Finally! A great news!" clapping her hands she reached for me. "I am truly delighted to finally meet someone who can change my grandson's world, you have no idea what this means to me..." his grandmother said happily. She touched my face with her warm hands. "You really are beautiful. My grandson's so lucky!"

"It was nice to meet you, Alice. Welcome to the family." His grandfather smiled at me as well and gave me a brief hug.

"Oh my bad. My bad. Please come in." said his grandmother moving to the side gesturing us to come in.

"The dinner's ready. Why don't we go the dining now and catch up while eating?" his grandfather suggested.

Relief rushed through me. Grateful for their warm welcome. Still in Travis' side he guided me inside. It shouldn't make me comfortable but it did.

"Your grandparents are so nice. You're so lucky." smiling to Travis.

"I told you. You'll do just fine." he smiled back.

The dinner went surprisingly smooth. Both of old couple are carefree and fun. They talk a lot and it was easy to be comfortable with them. Not once did I feel like an outsider, which I'm truly happy for. I don't know what I will do if it was the opposite.