Eleven

𝕯𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖗

My eyes roamed around the bedroom that the maid showed me. My room. I sat at the tip of the bed though I've been in Travis' bedroom before and his was much bigger I still can't help but gasp in awe. If this is what rich people call bedroom then mine would be considered a dungeon.

Everything in this room manifests opulence. I doubt I can afford anything in here not even the perfectly printed rug. Who would've thought that fate will pull off something like this on me?

"Sis...." My brother called behind my door with a soft knock.

"Come in, Joseph."

"Hi." He sat next to me. "How are you feeling?"

"Hmmm, a lot better. The med they drugged me was good it helps numb the pain."

There was a heavy pause. Knowing my brother well, he tends to be silent when something's bothering him.

"What is it, Joseph? Feel free to ask or speak what's on your mind. How many times do I have to tell you that you can share everything to me?" I smiled reassuringly at him.

"It's just that... uhh, I hope you won't be offended I was just wondering why... uhh -" He sighed. "Everything seems to be too good to be true, I don't know..." he lowered his head and awkwardly rub the back of his neck.

I took a deep breath. Lying was never my forte but ever since I agreed to this all I did was lie through my teeth. I hate doing this but I have to. "What are you implying Joseph? We're poor so there's no way someone like Travis will ever fall for someone like me, that it's too good to be true for us to get married? I'm not a wanton, Joseph."

"What? No! I will never ever label you as someone like that, I'm sorry..." He held my hand "I'm just afraid. I don't want you to get hurt. I mean, he's a well-known player. He's very popular at my school especially to girls. They always have a magazine of him on the front page and he was featured in articles with different women all the time. But, there's one question that keeps on running in my head. How someone known as a business magnate can't even give his fiancé even a simple engagement ring? I love you and I'm just - well, maybe he's changed. I don't know... I don't want to judge him because he'd been nothing but nice to us, I just..."

I was caught off guard by his question. It never crossed my mind! My brother's a smart person and he can be very observant, of course he will notice! "But that's what you are doing. You are already prejudging him. I know you care for me but I'm telling you Travis is a nice person and he will not hurt me." The latter doesn't seem like a lie at all. Deep down I know in my heart that he's a good person. I can feel it.

"I'm sorry. I hope you're not mad. I have to go." He stood up before bending a little to place a kiss on the top of my head. "I love you, sis."

"Take care of yourself and dad for me. I love you both!" I hugged him.

After he left I started unpacking my stuff. I don't have much and I only brought few of my clothes with me.

"Ma'am Alice, Ms. Anastasia Jacobs is waiting downstairs. Should I tell her to come up, ma'am?" Who? I don't think I know any Anastasia in my life?

I opened the door to see the same girl who was always mean to me. "Uhh, it's okay. I'll go down myself. Thank you." I said smiling. I put the last piece in the closet and checked myself in the mirror before heading downstairs.

A beautiful woman sitting on the sofa instantly caught my eyes. She stood up when she saw me with her sweetest smile. Wow, she really is beautiful.

"Hello, Ms. Allison Simon."

"H - Hi... I sort of hate to ask b-but have we met before?" There's not a single flaw on her physical features. Her makeup suits her heart - shaped face. She's wearing half - sleeve white body con dress that fits her body perfectly matched with a white stiletto heels. Her auburn hair was tied on a sleek low bun. Though she seems like a nice person I can't help but feel slightly intimidated and my confidence starts to grow feeble.