•• Chapter 16 ••

Start from the beginning

"Uh... okay?" I try to take a step forward to look past him but this time Emmett puts a hand on my shoulder to stop me trying.

"Don't. Step. In here," Ransom warns me.

Like - you'll know what will happen if you enter this space again.

"Oh come on, Ransom, I just want to look," I roll my eyes.

"It's not for inexperienced brats like you," Emmett looks satisfied as I finally take a step back and he looks down to the floor and shakes his head as if to say - don't ever step past this line, or else.

"...because you did such a god awful job with me..." I joke, snorting laughter.

"Cherry, don't tempt me," Ransom smiles with his teeth, glad to grab me if I do step from the lift without permission. 

"Sorry. Emmett. 'Contract's broken. You're free. Forever.' I take the word of a Dominant pretty seriously, do you?" I challenge him like I know what the fuck I'm talking about, when I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about.

I stand back, while Emmett, a tad amused but mostly frustrated, lets the doors slide closed while he watches me as if I'm insane for really pushing his buttons.

While the doors start to close, slowly, and Emmett takes a step back... I also impulsively jump forward at the last second and I grab them again, hovering the toe of my sneaker above his floor.

Ransom's eyes dart down and his jaw clenches, "Cherry. I swear to god," he growls low, staring at my toe like it's the bane of his existence.

"Is it Ayla, Ransom?" a woman submissive with a fake little-girl tone comes running up, breasts totally free while she's dressed in latex boots, a garter belt around her thighs and hips - her down-there is also totally waxed and exposed.

Ewww.

I'm pretty sure I can hear something vibrating somewhere.

She pouts in disappointment that it's me, not someone called Ayla, and she falls to her knees at Ransom's side, holding his hand and hugging his thigh and kissing near his butt, her hand hovering up towards his loose pants.

"May I, please, play with you, Ransom?" she asks, looking up, puppy dog eyes, with that cute little tone.

Ransom makes a scolding shhch sound through gritted teeth, you know, when you hiss a command a disobedient puppy. She bows her head, whining out a sorry before turning to crawl away, "Don't ever interrupt me again, Melody," Ransom scolds her some more, growling over his shoulder. 

Ransom is totally in his element as he does it and I see the veins in his hand pop.

While he's not looking, I press my sneaker down onto the penthouse floor and then wait for him to turn as the doors are shutting.

This time I don't stop them, but at least Emmett sees my sneaky lil' sneaker before I pull my foot back and the lift clicks shut in his FACE.

HAHAHAHAHA.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

TAKE THAT.

I'm shaking.

I'm freaking shaking.

I'm also still holding his letters.

Shit.

I frantically press for the doors to open again and they do - thank god. I think.

Ransom is standing back a few steps at his own kitchen sink, somehow managing to drink rather sadistically from a glass of water, looking highly stressed, with red cheeks from his frustration at being unable to punish me.