Chapter 20

( Darren's P.O.V.) 

" Duck!" I yelled to Vancha as I sent one of my daggers his way towards the shadow person.

After a spark of bright light, the shadow disappeared.

" You're getting creepier every day, you know that?" 

" I just dispelled it." 

" Sense anymore?" 

" No." 

" COME ON GUYS!" Debbie yelled. " WE GOTTA KEEP MOVING!"

" Are we sure about leaving town?" Darius- Steve's son- asked. " What if the Vampaneze or the Shadow people come back and start killing again." 

" We will know if someone even thinks about killing anyone." Steve reassured his son, a worried look crossing Mr. Crepsley's face, making me a little worried. 

It's not like we can turn it off. 

We continued on the path to Vampire Mountian as Emma started to fight the girl that tried to kill us. 

( Emma's P.O.V.) 

I continued to block Era's attacks. She wasn't a bad fighter, but she wouldn't just let me end her as her mother did. I needed to hurry. Vlad needed me. 

He was laying a foot behind me, burning up from a fever. Can't believe this kid has a Pheonix inside him. And a very protective one at that. 

" Emma." Vlad moaned behind me. 

" I'm trying kiddo. Just hand in there, alright?" 

" Hurry. It hurts." 

" Oh no, you're kids dying." Era started as she charged. " Too bad you're going to join him!" 

I tossed my damaged sword at her, as a distraction then punched her in the windpipe, followed by my sword colliding with hers. 

I tossed her in a different room that bound her body in white straps and ran to Vlad.

" I'm here, try to relax, alright?"

" Who did this... why?"

" Des Tiny most likely. I didn't sense him inside you, I swear." I said as my ice started to cool down his body. 

" You feel like a freezer." 

" You can calm down in there, your going to kill him." 

" Apologies, I did not mean to." The Phoenix said. 

" It's fine. Just cool it down." 

I stopped and helped Vlad up and teleported him to his room. 

" Stay here, and I mean it."

" Don't leave... Mom." He said, closing his eyes. 

" I'll be back shortly, just relax, alright?"

" Yuna... I'm sorry." 

" I am too." I said, leaving his room." 

" Emma?" Arrow asked me.

" Mike and Vlad are fine. How is everyone else?" 

" Not everyone is counted for, including-"

" Yuna. I know."

" And Ajax."

" God damn bitch." I said, leaning against the wall. " The attack's over. I'll add the dead to the wall."

" It's taken care of. Take care of your boy." 

" I'll teleport him to Mika's room. I'll be there if you need me." 

" He is sitting beside me in the Hall of Prince's. He has recovered." 

" Keep an eye on him, alright? He's only a half-vampire now. Tiny made sure he stays that way." 

" Of course." 

I walked back into the pale looking Vlad. He was still breathing, and I could still hear his pulse. 

" I didn't say you had to totally check out. Maintain his normal body temperature." 

He was back to normal in a few seconds, then I picked him up and teleported to Mika's room where instead of finding a coffin, I found a large bed with clean sheets and blankets. 

I laid Vlad on the mattress and sat down on the bed, zoning out for a moment as I mentally entered the room Misha's head was in. 

" Well hello," Misha said. " I see my daughter was a total idiot like always." 

An ice sickle appeared in my right hand, and I stabbed her head, killing her instantly and all the information she knew flowed into my brain like I wanted to. 

Yuna died of freezing to death, Desmond Tiny's doing. Ajax died in her arms after the same thing happened to him. 

He was killing the ones who couldn't control their powers. 

I immediately put a mental barrier around every one outside of Vampire Mountian that was in the outside world, then around Vampire Mountian, causing me to pass out from overuse of my power. 

I woke up in the middle of Vlad ( left) and Mika ( right). Vlad's head was on my chest with his arm across me and Mika's head was on my shoulder. Both were in a heavily sleeping. 

A sudden headache hit me, and I flenched pretty bad as Darren and Steve's voice entered my mind. 

" We're sorry around Ajax and Yuna."  They said at the same time.

" We all are." Debbie said. 

" Thank you. We will have the funerals when you guys get here." I said, clenching my teeth. 

" We appreciate the protection, but if it's causing you that much pain-" Steve started. 

" I'm fine. Really. Just exhaustion." 

" Then rest up. We will be arriving in a few days." Mr. Crepsley said. 

" Alright, be careful." 

I shut off all mental connections and my headache soothed a little.

It's going to take a lot out of me to protect everyone from Tiny, so I'm probably not going to be able to get up for a few days or think. 

I closed my eyes and relaxed. It was still dark outside. The last thing I need right now is the sun coming through the windows.