Chapter 2

( Emma's P.O.V.) 

" Son of a bitch." I said as I sat up. That goddamn bite hurts so bad. 

" How do you feel?" Percy asked me.

" Better, thanks. Can I get some pain pills, this thing is a pain in the ass." 

I turned my head to find the bed Yuna was laying on, and she was nowhere to be found. 

" I'm guessing she's alright." I thought. 

" She snuck off before you woke up." Percy said as he tossed a bottle of pain pills at me. 

" I need to talk to her. Do you know where she went?" 

" I have no clue." 

" She's with me." Darren answered me.  

" How is she?" 

" A mess. We're in the weapons locker. How are you?"

" I'm good. I'll be there as soon as I can." 

I got up, swallowed some pain pills, and walked into the hallway. 

As I made my way to the weapons locker, whispers filled the air. Why are vampires love to gossip so much? 

Silently, I found the weapons locker and walked in, to find Yuna balling in Darren's arms. 

" Hey." I said as I crouched down to Darren. 

Yuna turned her head and basically jumped on me and continued to ball. " I'm so sorry." 

" That thing wasn't you. OK?" 

She continued to ball for what felt like hours. 

" The Prince's scheduled Kurda's trial. He'll be dealt with tomorrow night."

" I still can't believe it." 

" Neither can I. Oh, by the way,  our trials have been put on hold." 

" Did they take care of Arra and Gavner already?" 

" Yes, it took place the day before you...you know." 

Yuna raised her head up and kissed me.  

" I better get to my training, Vanez's temper is VERY short." 

" Don't get stabbed." 

" I'll try." 

And with that, Darren left,  with a sword in his left hand. 

That left Yuna and me by ourselves. 

" You can stop crying now, sweetheart," I told her. " You don't want to die from dehydration do you?" 

Yuna raised her head up again, and I whipped her tears away. " I don't think I can stop crying." 

" Come on, let's go get something to eat, I am starving. You'll feel better after you eat something, I promise." 

I helped Yuna up and she asked if I could piggyback her. 

" Sure, hop on." 

When we got to the dining hall, we were met by Mr. Crepsley, Lithi, Emmi, and Steve. 

" Are you sure you should be up?" Steve asked me as I put Yuna down. 

" Yeah, I feel fine, Yuna on the other hand, I'm sure she used all of the water in her body." 

It felt good to be around my friends again, especially my siblings. I tried to make the best of the break we had, because tomorrow night, I could feel that something was going to happen.