Chapter 21

A/N:hi guys! In order to get more of a feel for this chapter, I added a compilation of music that I personally believe someone like Naruto would play. I reccomend playing it once Dei and Obito arrive to Naruto's house. Also,
This will be quite the long chapter so, prepare for that.

-------------

Soon enough, Saturday arrived. Deidara was currently brushing his hair, trying to decide if he should keep it down or not. A smiled graced his face and he quickly texted Obito.

'Quick, I need your opinion. Hair up or down?'

He set his phone back down and began to rummage through his closet and drawers. Sure, sweatpants and a tshirt were comfy and all but, not ideal for a party. While looking he heard his text tone go off and quickly checked who it was. Sure enough, it was Obito.

'Obi💞:hmmm, tough choice. You look cute either way. Keep it down for now, maybe Konan will come up with something.'

'Obi💞:P.S. can't wait to see you

'Obi💞:P.P.S. I love you so much ❤❤.

Deidara smiled softly at the messages and he felt his heart skip a beat

'Suck up'

'P.S. I love you too you fucking dork💕'

Setting his phone down, he continued to go through his clothes, eventually settling on a black shirt with navy blue jeans and of course his black hoodie with the red cloud. After staring at himself in the mirror, he heard a knock on his door. Sumato entered the room and chuckled "look at you. That's a bit much for just hanging out with your friends and Obito." He said teasingly whilst raising an eyebrow. Deidara rolled his eyes "we're just going to the drive ins and then Hidan's afterwards." He told him. Sumato chuckled "whatever you say kiddo. Just don't get in trouble." He said. Deidara went to protest at his father's words when his phone went off

'Obi💞:I'm here. Get your cute self out of the house.'

Deidara laughed quietly "sorry dad, Obito's here. I'll see you tomorrow." He said exiting his room and going down the stairs. Giving a quick goodbye to Chie he left the house and climbed into the passenger seat of Obtio's car. The dark haired boy smiled and leaned over, giving the blonde a quick kiss before putting the car in reverse and pulling out of the driveway. "Did Hidan ever manage to convince Neji to come?" Obito asked, suppressing a laugh. Deidara shook his head "nope. Neji is staying at his house, either buried in a book while drinking tea or writing while drinking tea." He said. Obito chuckled "but drinking tea either way?" He questioned playfully. Deidara laughed lightly "would you expect it any different?"

The drive wasn't silent but it wasn't that noisy either. One of them would occasionally say something or make a comment with the other giving a response. Eventually they pulled up to Naruto's house, parking on the side of the road. When they stepped out, they could feel the bass of the music from outside. Lacing their fingers together the two walked into the house.

After squeezing past people they eventually found their friends, and they were all now huddled near a corner. Hidan was cracking jokes about how Naruto was probably going to regret inviting everyone when something or rather someone caught his eye.

"Well, well, well. Slap a bow on my ass and call me Frosty, look who decided to show up." He said sarcastically. Deidara turned around and there stood Neji, wearing a leather jacket over a tank top with a pair of jeans. "Like I really had a choice. Lee and Tenten practically obtucted me." He remarked, it was obvious that he really would much rather be at home. Deidara frowned "Neji, it's our senior year. We graduate in a few months. We might as well enjoy it." He said. Neji sighed and crossed his arms "I would much rather be enjoying better it if....well you already know."