Chapter 13

~~**TRIGGER WARNING:MENTION OF SUICIDE**~~

It was Monday morning. And Deidara never felt his anxiety as high as it was, he felt his heart pounding in his chest. He took a deep breath and waited. Waited for someone. Hidan, Shikamaru, Neji, Hinata, Kakuzu, Itachi. Anyone.

He spotted Shikamaru walking in with Temari, which was unusual, he was usually with Neji. He shrugged it off and walked up to him "hey Shikamaru, think I could hang with you for a bit, at least until I spot one of the others?" Shikamaru raised a brow and looked away from Temari "sure I guess.." Deidara released a breath of relief "thank god..." The boy next to him gave a confused look "did....something happen?" Deidara nodded "you could say that....." Temari gave Shikamaru a glance "I'm gonna go find my brothers..see you later Shikamaru" and with that the girl walked away.

Deidara raised a brow "Uhm..." Shikamaru shrugged "I dunno..she's been acting weird lately" the blonde just shrugged and brushed it off "So where's Neji?" The Nara next to him stiffened slightly "...He got into a crash last night...so he's at home." The blonde's eyes widened to the size of saucers "what?! Oh my god is he okay?!" Shikamaru raised his hand as a signal for his friend to calm down"he's fine. He said his car is the thing he's worried about. It got totaled." This did not help Deidara's anxiety, he considered Neji a good friend and he didn't want him to get hurt. Shikamaru took notice to this and closed his eyes "Deidara relax...Neji's probably only suffering from a migraine, he told me that his head smacked right into the steering wheel and car door but he was fine and no serious damage had happened to him. He'll be back tomorrow."
The Nara said that but he was worried as well. He too had high anxiety, already running through the questions of 'what if it wasn't a just a migraine?' 'What if he gets a concussion?' 'What if he loses some of his memories from it?'

Deidara sighed softly and stuck his hands in the pocket of his hoodie "this month has been just a shit load of crazy..." Nara nodded in agreement "yeah...it's honestly such a pain."

The day dragged on for what it seemed like forever. Deidara walked through the halls and saw Obito.

The two made eye contact and Deidara did something he never thought he would do in his life.

He walked right towards where Naruto and a small group of his friends were, just to avoid the Uchiha at all cost. He found his other friends about twenty minutes later, but something was wrong.

Obito wasn't the only Uchiha missing today. Itachi was not with the group of friends like he normally would be, not to mention to air felt very very heavy.

Deidara approached with caution and took notice to the sad look upon his friends's faces.

"G-guys....everything okay?" Konan shook her head "no....nothing is okay right now Deidara..." That's when Deidara knew that something horrible had happened.

Kisame spoke after that, in a low tone, speaking words that would haunt Deidara till the end of his life.

"Itachi committed suicide last night."

----------

I'm really sorry that this chapter is so short, I wanted to get it out before I went on a short hiatus. Like I said in my most recent update, my depression has been increasing. Writing usually is my coping mechanism but unfortunately, it hasn't been working. I haven't harmed myself in any physical way so please don't worry about that. I decided I would put you guys first since I know you all have been waiting for this chapter to come out. So please enjoy and I do apologize for this sad ending to a chapter. I did plan on this happening but later on in the book. So please forgive me for the short and probably bad chapter. I will continue the write but the fourteenth chapter will take a while to come out. Either way, I hope you guys enjoy and I'll let you know when things start looking better. I love you guys so much ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️