Chapter 15

Days turned into weeks, which turned into a month and slowly but surely, Deidara was getting used to not seeing Itachi there with the group of friends.

Speaking of the blonde, he was currently home alone in the living room drawing while watching some TV (A/N:was tempted to put Supernatural but I didn't). He was so caught up in the drawing that he jumped slightly when he heard a knock on the door. Sighing, Deidara stood up from the couch and went to the door.

He was surprised that when he opened it, on the other side (A/N:just heard the song from The Greatest Showman as I typed that pfft) was Neji Hyuga, drenched from the storm outside.

"N-Neji?! What the hell are you doing here?" He was highly confused. Why was his friend here at almost eleven thirty at night? That's when he noticed, Neji looked upset.

Deidara's confused expression softened and turned into a more concerned one "Nej....everything okay?" That was what set his friend off. The nickname.

The Hyuga looked down and frantically shook his head "he found out Deidara..."

The blonde was quiet for two point five seconds before pulling his popular friend into the house "who found out? And what did they find out?" He spoke softly like if he didn't, the boy in front of him would break. He'd never seen Neji like this so he knew something was seriously, seriously wrong. And he just knew. He knew it involved Shikamaru.

Neji took a deep breath to calm himself, which didn't work all that well, before speaking "my uncle...he-....he found out about Shikamaru and I....and...a-and I...I broke up with him before I came here..."

Deidara could barely contain his gasp and he placed a hand on Neji's shoulder "oh Neji...I'm so sorry..." He knew something was going on but he surely didn't expect that. He took notice to how Neji was near tears. The blonde wrapped an arm around his friend's shoulder "come on, it looks like you need some tea and Rip Vine compilations" Neji smiled at this softly "I like any kind of tea but I have to ask....do you have green tea?"

The blonde could barely contain his laugh, "of course we have green tea you addict"

Deidara nodded his head towards the couch "make yourself at home, I'll go make that tea that you love so much" that's when he noticed, his friend felt freezing cold. Made sense, it was December, snow had started falling two weeks ago, and to top it all off, it was a storm outside. Not to mention, Neji was only wearing a T-shirt and jeans.

Deidara frowned at this "wait here" and he quickly ran upstairs to his room, grabbed a blanket, as well as a towel due to the fact that Neji's dark brown hair was practically plastered to him -basically, Neji was soaked-, then ran back down the stairs and tossed the two things to his friend "here" he then made his way to the kitchen to make the tea.

After that was made be brought a cup out to his friend, who had already dried his hair a bit and was now wrapped up in the blanket, having an expressionless look on his face. Deidara frowned and handed him the cup "here" the popular boy glanced up and took the cup of his favorite beverage "thanks"

The two boys sat there on the couch for a few moments before Deidara grabbed the remote and went to the YouTube app on the TV. Already have Rip Vine videos on suggested. He selected a random one and tossed the remote on the coffee table.

The artist sighed quietly, this was definitely not a way he wanted to start his week before Christmas break. That's when it struck him. December fifteenth was in two days. Deidara glanced over at his friend, who had barely touched his tea and looked like he was lost in thought. Made sense, who wouldn't be completely and utterly destroyed with the fact that you had to break up with the person you had been with for almost three years?

"So, what are you gonna do now that..."
Neji shrugged "dunno. Maybe I'll try skipping the rest of the year. Or maybe I can convince Uncle Hiashi to have me take online school" he sighed "I...I just don't want to face Shikamaru. I can't face him after this" the long haired boy buried his face in his blanket covered knees. Deidara frowned and set a hand on Hyuga's shoulder "that won't help you Neji.....it'll just hurt a lot more believe it or not..."

Neji shook his head "I don't care.....I can't face Shikamaru after this...."

And it didn't hit him till later but,
Deidara was in a very similar situation with Obito