Chapter 17

Deidara pulled his dark colored coat around him tighter, trying to block out the cold December air. He was sitting on the picnic table that Pein had just brushed all the snow off of. Currently it was just those two along with Konan and Madara.

His mind traveled else where. He was worried about Neji. He truly loved Shikamaru and last week, the poor guy was a total mess. He also thought about Obito, he was happy yet scared to see him again. It was obvious that Obito had felt some kind of attraction for the blonde, and he accepted the fact that he returned those emotions. His heart jumped to his throat when he saw Obito's car pull into the parking lot the tall boy stepped out, still the same dark hair and the same burn marks on his face. Yet, Deidara smiled softly and hopped off the table to greet the friend he hadnt spoken to in a while.

Obito gave a smile and almost went to give the blonde a hug, but didn't. Deidara almost did the same. They gave each other smiles with a laugh and just hugged anyway.

The two hadnt hung out in so long, ever since Obito had kissed him. It felt nice to be in each other's presence again.

The two let go of each other and just, smiled. The ceramic artist fought an urge to kiss to boy in front of him, though he took a wild guess that he wouldn't care. He wanted to. He really did. He came to accept the fact that he had liked Obito for a while now.

He and Obito walked back over to Pein, Madara, and Konan, sitting down by the three of them. Madara and Pein gave each other knowing looks. They stood up, Konan following suite.

"We're going to go head to StarBucks. You guys want anything specific?" Madara asked. "I'm fine with a peppermint mocha if that's cool." Deidara spoke, Obito followed suite, saying he was cool with whatever as long as it was warm.

The three left, leaving the other two there. Of course, they did it on purpose. Not that Deidara really cared, he had been dying to hang out with Obito.

The two started up a conversation, as if there had been no awkwardness between the two.

Obito laughed lightly and set his elbows on his knees, resting his chin on his fist "hey Dei....what were you going to say during our phone call?" The blonde sighed and brushed his bangs out of his eyes, only to have them fall back to where they were. "I was going to say that I didn't feel the same but.....I don't know.." which was a lie. He did know. He just didn't know if he could tell him the truth. Obito chuckled "Deidara...you're like an open book sometimes." The blonde blinked a couple times before laughing "I guess so."

The two stared at each other and the Uchiha placed a hand onto it Deidara's, using his free hand to brush his golden locks out of his face and cupping his cheek, just like he had done before. Of course, this time was different.

Deidara's anxiety didn't spike up. He didn't freak out. He just smiled and leaned into his friend's touch.

Obito smiled and stroked the blonde's cheek bone lightly with his thumb "hey..if I kiss you...will you push me away again?" Deidara only shook his head "if you want to..then there's nothing stopping you." He spoke softly.

A spark lit in Obito's eyes and it left as quickly as it came, but Deidara didnt miss it. The dark haired boy leaned in and captured Deidara into a kiss.

And this time, Deidara didn't do he something he would regret. He didn't freak out. He didn't push Obito away. And he didn't run off. Instead, he returned the display of affection.

It was nothing extraordinary like you would read in books or see in movies. It was just a long peck. Soft and sweet. Sometimes, that was just as great as passionate and full of desire.

The two boys parted and smiled at each other, giving light laughs. There was a small chance of kissing again, and Deidara took it. It was just like Obito's. Soft and sweet. Just a light peck. Obito laughed and held onto the blonde's hand tightly "soo, I take it that means you return my feelings?" Deidara rolled his eyes "noooo, I only let you kiss me and then kissed you again because I was bored," he spoke with sarcasm "of course I return your feelings."

Obito smiled and leaned in once again before hearing a wolf whistle. The two boys looked over and saw Hidan and Kakuzu. "Well it is about fucking time. God damn you two were starting to get really frustrating." Deidara laughed and squeezed the Uchiha's hand lightly. The other two boys walked over to join the artist and the slight troublemaker. Kakuzu raised a brow "so..you two an item or what?" Obito looked at the blonde next to him "well, that's up to Deidara," Deidara looked at him, a chuckle leaving his lips "well...it all depends if someone is going to ask me or not." Obito only laughed "okay okay. Deidara, will you be my boyfriend?"

The artist smiled and nodded, ruffling Obito's dark hair "of course I will you happy go lucky idiot"

----------

Short chapter I know, I just didnt think there was a better way to end it than that. I'm happy with how this one turned out. And the only reason this one got out right after the other is because I feel bad about leaving you guys waiting for chapter sixteen😅