38

Jeno stands still in the pitch black darkness, waiting patiently a moment before lights overhead begin flickering. Upon finally turning on, the fluorescent lights buzz whilst illuminating the oddly small room which he stands in. Jeno looks over his shoulder to find that the door he entered through is no longer there. It is simply a stainless steel wall, same as the two on either side of him. In front of him is a sliding door with a small screen just above it. The screen is lit up with little red lights which read the number one. It appears that he is in a lift, but there is no button panel to be seen. Just as Jeno takes notice of this, the lift slowly begins to lower.

Jeno taps his foot impatiently, feeling as if he were barely moving and the number on the screen was refusing to change.

"I really am in Hell, aren't I?" Jeno mutters to himself before a loud snap comes from somewhere above the lift, "Nonononono-"

Another loud snap fills the air before the entire lift drops and goes into a free fall. Jeno throws himself into the wall and grips onto the metal railing. Unfortunately, despite appearing to be sturdy, the railing snaps from the wall. Jeno instantly flies up into the ceiling, crashing into it with a loud bang. The railing which he had latched onto suddenly bashes Jeno's forehead, causing him to instantly black out.

Jeno regains consciousness after an indeterminate amount of time. A throbbing headache makes his brain feel as if it's pounding against the hard walls of his skull, begging to get out.

Jeno pushes himself up onto his knees. He lifts his head to look up at the only light in the room, casting out from the screen which lists the floor number. A two appears on the screen as a loud ding fills the quiet air, then the doors slide open.

Light seeps into the small room, which-aside from the broken railing that broke off during the fall-was almost entirely unscathed. Jeno pulls himself up onto his feet, smooths out his suit, and wanders onto the new floor.

The floor takes the form of a vast dining hall which stretches out the span of two football fields. The place is dimly lit, causing the general surroundings to be hardly visible, but the walls and any decor were not the centrepieces of the hall. No, the candlelight illuminates the copious amounts of food which are practically flowing off the tables. All of it looks as if it were handcrafted by angels; perfect down to the minor details. Many translucent-skinned demons sit at the tables, looking like globs of pale goop just taking up space as they consume food without any sort of hesitation or need for air. Jeno is quick to notice that the more they consume, the faster food simply appears before them. It was as if this food was coming out of thin air.

Jeno grimaces at the disgusting sights around him and continues through the sea of food and revolting demons, trying his best not to linger too long.

He is merely halfway through the dining hall when two demons turn and grasp Jeno's arms.

"Where are you off to in such a hurry?" they ask in unison.

"To the next floor," Jeno mutters flatly.

"Not so soon," the left one speaks.

"You haven't tried the fried chicken yet," the right one shoves a plate of chicken wings in front of his face.

"Or the hamburgers," the left one shoves the other's plate over to replace it with a burger practically dripping with cheese.

"Or the red velvet cake," the right one breathes heavily as it practically drools over a three tiered cake with white frosting and red cake crumbles topping it.

"No thank you. I prefer the taste of human blood and...demon souls," Jeno growls as a wicked smile forms at the corners of his mouth.

The two demons' faces drop, and they instantly release Jeno, allowing him to proceed onward. Unfortunately, this is not the end of his struggle. Demons begin trying to grab at him left and right, forcing Jeno to dodge every single one to prevent them from actually capturing him. Curses and words of temptation hiss from each demon's mouth, but none chase him down to force him to eat. He presumes they are either unable or unwilling to leave from their seats to do so.

As Jeno reaches the other side of the room, he spots a red door which gleams in a way which seems oddly illuminated. He wasn't sure how it was doing so, considering there are no candles around to light the door, nor was he able to see it before getting this far, but there it is, shining clear as day. Before Jeno can be harassed into eating, he proceeds towards the door and opens it.