Devil's Bible

Ryan felt restless, he's been laying in bed for another week or so, he wasn't sick but he had convinced himself he was due to the weird noises and things he's been seeing, He sighed and finally got up his back and legs aching from the lack of movement, he heard scratching at his door, when he opened it the little cat walked in and curled up on his bed. Ryan frowned and his eye twitched before he walked down stairs. He stopped half way when he heard chatter coming from downstairs.

He grabbed an umbrella when he slowly reached the bottom of the stairs. He walked into the kitchen and blindly swung at the voices.

"AHHH STAY AWAY!!"

"Ryan!"

Ryan kept swinging

"RYAN HONEY STOP"

Ryan opened his eyes to see his mother at the kicthen table with his mother's friend, having tea. Ryan dropped the umbrella and laughed, his mother tapped the seat beside her and he sat.

"What's gotten into you?"

"I forgot you guys were coming today, sorry it slippled my mind"

His mother and her friend laughed, she poured Ryan some tea and he happily sipped it, looking like a mess and soon the cat came down the stairs and swatted at Ryan's leg. He jumped but got up and grabbed some cat food from a can he previously bought and put the can down on the floor where the cat happily mewed and ate the food.

"A cat??? already?"

His mother laughed

"yea... it was just... sort of... I-"

"impulse?"

His mother's friends said, cocking an eyebrow and sipping her tea, he nodded and laughed awkwardly not wanting to say the cat is evil and it already lived here. 

After chatting and talking, they stood up and Ryan opened the basement door, he invtied them over to come see if they wanted stuff from the basement as there was some cool antiques down there, and maybe help sort some stuff as he was afraid to go down there alone now.

He swung open the door and before he flicked the light switch he heard whispers tickle his ears, it sounded like someone was whispering directly to him, He turned his head and his mother and her friend were far from near him, he felt his stomach drop but he turned the lights on anyways.

All three of them walked down and the two ladied walked over to a record player. 

Ryan grabbed a wooden box and looked for a way to open it, there was not latch or handle.. just a hollow wooden box with something inside. He shook it and something rattled. He checked the bottom of the box and there was a little wooden pin, he used his finger nails to pull the pin out, to which the top of the box popped open like a treasure chest. 

"Ryan, do you mind if we play a record?"

"go ahead mother"

She smiled and riffled through the piles and crates, she found one that's paper covering was just pitch black. She took the record out and it was grey with dust, she blew on it and it was the shinest black record ever, like brand new.

She put in on the record table and plugged the box in, her friends set the needle down and it started turning.

Ryan grabbed an object out of the box, he put the box down as he opened the newspaper wrapped object carefully, the record playing wasn't much of music as it was just creepy noises and disorted talking and music, Ryan felt a spine chilling effect as when the paper fell off the object he saw the back of a book, when he flipped to see the cover he dropped the book

SLAM

"Are you okay Ryan?"

"Ye- yea... just dropped a book."

Ryan picked it up and read the title, he felt as though he was going to throw up, his hands sweaty and his face going pale, he shoved the book back in the box.

The Codex Gigas

He rushed and closed the box before anything else, he shoved the wooden cube into a corner and stacked more boxes on it, he panicked and started to go up the stairs to wash his hands, his mother stopped him.

"Ryan, can we take this player off your hands?"

Ryan wanted to say yes but a whisper made its way through his body, something made him say 

"No"

"thats fine dear, can we atleast have this"

Ryan's hands shook, he nodded yes and took off up stairs, he ran into the washroom ad threw up into the toilet, after doing so he looked at himself in the mirror and his nose was bleeding. He tried to stop it but it wouldn't stop, he washed his hands and his mouth out, getting light headed from the lack of blood. He jumped when his mother knocked on the washroom door

"Ryan dear come out to say goodbye"

"on..one min"

Ryan forced the bllod to stop pouring from his nose, he washed his face and sprayed himself with air freshener to hide the vomit and iron smell, he walked out the washroom and closed the door behind him. He saw nobody in the hallway and he instantly frowned.

"Mother?"

Ryan turned his head around the corner when it felt like something was suffocating him, He coughed and stepped back when the cat tripped him and he fell over, he hit his head on the floor.

His mother ran to him

"Are you okay!?"

"I just slipped I'm fine, thank you..."

Ryan rubbed the back of his head and almost burst into tears, he didn't want to be here anymore... he loved the house but not the.. the company it came with.

"We're going to go, thank you for the-"

"bye mother, bye Alice, have a good day!"

"Bye Ryan"

The two ladies left and Ryan turned around to see a human figure standing in the shadows, when Ryan walked over to the shadows the cat ran out. The human figure was gone.

"I need... I need help"

Ryan grabbed his phone and started googling for answers and ways to get rid of the un-wanted roomate he had.