Lunch and Doctors

Everybody decided that they would go for a lunch break so Oliver could recover in peace.

The lunch room was large, though it had a fake moveable wall in the middle of it, so that when two meetings were being held they both had their space if needed.

The rooms were identical, many circular dark wooden tables with white metal stools, The ceiling was a large dome in which was partially glass, a large modern chandelier hanging from the center.

The floor was a marbled tile while the walls were painted a ivory white, the back wall was rock, there was a glass rectangle cut out on each end of the room, in which you could see the chef's preparing the meals.

When the countries and states had all arrived they moved the divining wall to the back so they could socialize whilst they ate.

There were tables lining one of the walls with a variety of different foods.

While mostly everyone sat down, ate, and socialized ;Alfred, Mateo, and Oliver made their way down to a small infirmary that was a few blocks down from the metting hall.

The infirmary was one that the government put in place to where if a nation, state, territory, or province were injured during a meeting, they would be able to go there.

Each meeting hall had a government created infirmary in or around it just in case.

The doctors and nurse's that work at them are specially trained to treat the non-humans, as well as normal people so they were less suspicious.

Alfred was carrying Oliver bridal style into the infirmary while Mateo held the door open.

Oliver wasnt in critical condition but needed to be checked out just in case.

When they arrived they showed the receptionist a small key card in which were made to identify them as Nations, states,territories, or provinces.

She nodded in acknowledgement and made a quick phone call stating that it was a "100" case.

The 100 stood for a non-human needed assistance.

Only one or two people were in the lobby of the infirmary, they were busy on their phones so nobody really noticed them.

When the receptionist was done on the call, she hung up and pointed down the hall and siad "room 209"

They thanked her and walked down the  hall to the room.

When they arrived the doctor was not there yet, so they placed Oliver down on the inspection table.

Oliver groaned, still a little hurt by the shooting.

"Its gonna be ok buddy, dont worry!" Mateo siad whilst ruffling the small ones head

Alfred nodded in agreement.

Mateo and Alfred sat down in two chairs beside Oliver.

They made small talk while waiting for the doctor, specifically how Oliver was going to have to address the situation when he arrived back home.

After about eight minutes, the doctor knocked on the door and entered.

He was in his early thirties, he had black hair and brown eyes. He wore a long white jacket and had a thick file in his hand.

"Hello Mr. America, Mr. Purterico, and Mr. Oliver" he greeted, it was required by doctors to use their formal names as a way of respect.

"What seems to be the problem?" He questioned them

"Shooting, hes not in bad shape just wanted to check on him" alfred stated.

"Ahh, I heard about it earlier, my sisters regards" the doctor siad whilst opening I was the tick folder

He grabbed out one paper and sat the file down.

He read over the paper while asking oliver some questions about where it hurt and how bad.

After the doctor was done with his question he asked oliver to pull up his shirt so he could address the severity of the wound.

When Oliver did, you could see some dried blood and a hole about the size of a water bottle cap, luckily the wound was already healing and the bleeding had stopped.

"This doesn't look too bad, I will wash it though so you dont get the wound infected" He stated

Alfred and Mateo were grateful that it wasnt a severe wound and that he would be fine.

The Doctor then grabbed a small wash cloth and cleaned the dried blood of the area, he also then poured some water directly onto his wound so anything that was in it was washed out. After this he applied some petroleum jelly and wrapped the wound.

Oliver slightly gasped at its coldness

"That sould do it" the doctor stated

"I'm going to give you a presentation of pain killers, fir now I'll give you a shot of a Epidural steroid, it should numb any pain for now.

Oliver nodded and looked over to his father to avoid looking at the shot

Alfred in return made a stupid face that made oliver giggle.

When the doctor was finished he handed alfred the prescription recipe and gave oliver a sucker.

Alfred thanked the doctor and walked out.

Mateo grabbed oliver and gave him a piggy back ride back to the meeting hall.

The whole checkup was only about 30 minutes and they had a two hour lunch break since meetings usually ran about 10 hours.

Whilst on their way back alfred asked a question

"I wonder how the states are getting along without us?"

They all went silent
.
.
.
.
.
.
"There are gonna be lawsuits by time we get back" oliver siad nonchalantly

Mateo and Alfred made eye contact for about 3 seconds before booking it back to the meeting hall.

Oliver was still placed on mateos back and was holding on for dear life while they ran.

Alfred did not want to deal with more lawsuits and Mateo didnt aant to deal with Alfred when he got lawsuits so they were running like sonic.

It was going to be a long couple hours for the states, nations and territory.

This was only 3 hour in

Only the begging of a long long day.