One More Member for Team Sam

"What?" I ask stupidly, not understanding why he is here and why he wants to talk to me in the first place.

"Please?" He pleads. 

Why would I want to have a conversation with someone who has disrespected me so badly?

"Niall, I don't...." I start but fade out shaking my head as a message that this wouldn't be a good idea.

He just pushes past me and walks into my room, closing the door behind us. 

"What the fuck are you doing?" I ask turning around to him as he grabs my arm and drags me to the balcony where he opens the balcony door before closing that door as well.

"I couldn't risk anyone hearing us." He looks over his shoulder, making sure the balcony door is closed completely.

"Well, that's a shitty thing to say after rudely barging into my room." I am about to open the balcony door back and escort him out, but then I realize I might want to hear his reason for going through all this trouble just to talk to me.

"I'm sorry. I just needed to talk to you." He sighs, sitting down on the balcony chair.

"Why? Did the guys want you to come and try an talk me out of my contract because I know you guys hate me but that doesn't mean-" 

"No, the guys don't even know I'm here, and I'm not going to try and talk you out of your contract. I came down here to say I'm sorry for the way they've been treating you." He cuts me off.

Wait, what?

"You don't hate me?" I ask for confirmation. He nods.

"Then why were...." I intend to list specific hateful things he's said or done to me and question him, but then I realize that Niall hasn't done anything wrong, really. 

I mean, sure he didn't stick up for me at my contract signing or at the meeting, but he still hasn't treated me like the other boys have.

"I honestly don't have a problem with you being a part of the band. The guys just can't handle the idea of having a girl thrown into the mix." He explains, and I can hear the sincerity in his voice.

"Do the guys know?" I ask referring the fact that Niall doesn't hate me.

"No, I didn't really want them to talk me into taking their side."

"Why don't they like having a girl in the band, though?" I ask, confused. 

"I think it's because they think the fans won't be able to handle it well." He zips his hoodie up as the cool wind begins to pick up.

"Well, they need to get used to it because I'm not going anywhere and they're going to be stuck with me for a long time." I laugh, only half serious. Niall joins in.

"The last thing I would want is for you to leave the band. Just give them time, and if they never come around, then fuck it. Who cares? You'll still have me and the other musicians in the band. You go this job fair and square. Don't let them take it away from you." He stands from the chair, serious now. He puts a hand on my shoulder, and I nod as an answer. We head back inside, me following behind him. I can feel a huge weight lifted off my shoulders, and I'm thankful for this new friendship.

"So, I guess I'll see you around?" He asks, a little unsure of how to say goodbye to me as he approaches the door to my room.

I crack a smile, "Yeah, see you around. Don't be a stranger."

"Okay. Well, bye, Samantha.." He winks, stepping out into the hallway. I wave goodbye to him as he closes my door, leaving me once again alone in my room.

He called me by my full name? 

Strange, but cute...

As I'm putting the 'Do Not Disturb' sign on the outside of my door, Chris calls to remind me that tomorrow is a free day because the next few weeks would be filled with intense work and practice.

I have every intention of sleeping in, so I turn my phone off and close the curtains.

I change into my pajamas and put my clothes I had on in a bag that I'm filling with my dirty laundry, so I can do it at some point.

I lazily into my bed and pull the blankets over me after turning out the lights.

I slowly slip into sleep as I replay the conversation I had with Niall over in my head.

One down.

Four to go....