Sam, Our Biggest Misfortune

"So, how old are you?" Noah asks me as we walk down the hallway.

"I'm eighteen. You?" I ask as we step up to the elevator, and he presses the down button, making it instantly light up.

"I'm twenty-one." He smiles at me as the elevator door opens, and we step in together, him pressing the lobby button.

When Noah isn't paying attention, I take it as a chance to examine him.

He has black, side swept hair, but it doesn't cover his eyes, which are the most gorgeous shade of grey-blue. He's wearing a long sleeve, plaid shirt that's black and blue, and he's wearing black skinny jeans with a pair of black and white Keds on his feet.

I also notice his skinny physique. It gives him a sickly, appeal.

He's almost my size when it comes to skinniness, but he's also like 5 inches taller than me. I wonder why he's so skinny....

"What are the other band members like?" I ask him while the elevator slowly inches it's way down to the lobby.

"They're all really cool, actually. You're the only girl, though." He half smiles. Of course I would end up being the only girl here.

"So, I guess I take the cake for prettiest in the band?" I tease. 

"That's definitely a reasonable thing to say. You've got my vote." He smirks.

"Thanks." I say, my cheeks slightly heating up.

Once the elevator makes it to the lobby, we both get out and I follow him past the lobby entrance and to this other hallway, full of doors.

We walk past them all until we get to the end of the hallway where an emergency exit is cracked open.

Noah pushes the door open, and it leads to a parking lot in the back of the hotel where, I guess, celebrities park their tour buses and such so no fans will see the bus and know they're staying there or see them walk in.

The light is almost blinding, and I quickly put my sunglasses on over my eyes.

Once I'm able to see again, I notice that there are two tour buses parked in the fenced off parking lot. A group of guys are congregated around one of them.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the group of guys are my fellow band members and the tour buses are obviously ours. Well, one of them is anyways.

They both look exactly the same, though. Both are big and a sleek black color with a silver stripe along their sides that curl around to the end of the bus.

I automatically know that one of them is for the instrumental band members and the other is for the singing band members, which of course is Harry, Niall, Zayn, Louis, and Liam. My once idols which are no more considering they probably don't like me and are my bosses.

Quite the misfortune.

Noah stops walking once we approach the group of guys. I count three of them total.

"Guys, this is Sam. She's gonna be the new guitar player." Noah introduces me to them and they all smile at me in a friendly manner.

"Sam, this is Weston who plays the bass, Kyle who plays the keys, and Cody who adds his DJ flair to the music." Noah explains, pointing to them all as he says their names.

Weston looks to be in early twenties, and his long, black hair is tied back loosely in a ponytail.

Kyle also has black hair and some facial hair. He seems more like he's nearing his thirties.