Goodbye

"Okay, so sign here, here, initial there, and sign here..." Dodson explains as I scrawl across the contract with an ink pen. It turns out that the men I didn't know were One Direction's lawyers and they are here to observe the contract signing.

I'm actually signing a contract to tour with One Direction as their guitar player. This has to be the best day of my life now, besides all the bad stuff that happened earlier. 

Yeah, that was just embarrassing.

"Wait, can I say something?" One of the guys speaks up from across the table. We all look in the direction of where the voice came from and it's Zayn who is holding his hands up. Their manager nods as if for him to continue.

"So, we are really going to have a 'female' guitar player for a 'boy' band?" He asks, confused. Annoyance is evident in his tone. All the other guys nod in agreement.

"Yes, is there a problem with that?" Their manager asks. Zayn sighs and stands from his chair, walking out of the room. The others do the same and follow him out. 

Of course this has to happen. I can't help but feeling even worse now. That just fucked up the whole 'Best day ever' thing I had going on.

"Don't worry about them, Sam. They just need to warm up to the idea." Paul says, placing a reassuring hand on my shoulder. I guess my inner thoughts are reflecting on my face.

I just nod and finish signing the contract. The lawyers take the contract and read through it to make sure I signed everything I need to.

"Everything seems to be in order, now. Welcome to the band Miss Daniels." One of the lawyers says, smiling, before the two of them file out the door. As soon as they leave, I feel people hugging me and congratualting me.

I guess I should just avoid the band's little melt down and be happy for myself. I mean, how many people actaully get an opportunity like this? Not many, I would say.

"Okay, so here's my card and you can call me tomorrow. We will discuss everything you need to know in order to start." Their manager hands me his card and walks out the door. Paul waves goodbye to me before leaving, and I wave back.

My dad and I leave after them and the entire ride back home, my stomach is filled with butterflies. I can't wait to tell my mom tomorrow morning. I don't really know what she might say about it, but I guess I'll just have to wait.

I go to bed after taking a couple sleep pills and just lie there thinking of what this job will hold.

Then the sleeping pills finally kick in.

____________________________________________________

I wake up on my own today and crawl out of my bed like a dying animal. I'm immediately faced with my posters of One Direction staring back at me. It's so weird to see them like this, now. I mean, in a poster, they look like these gorgeous celebrities who would do anything for a girl, but last night, they seemed really hostile and annoyed just because I joined their band.

I walk up to the posters and tear them from my walls. Not out of anger or anything, but I don't want to have my bosses' faces on my walls. That's just a little weird. It would be like having Dodson on my wall. Instant shudder.

Being as that I would be leaving soon, I decide to call my best friend, Elizabeth, and spend time with her while I still can. 

"Hey, babe!" She says loudly into the phone.

"Hey!" I say, trying to sound loud and happy, but I end up yawning instead.

"I'm coming over." She answers bluntly before hanging up. I laugh to myself before going to unlock the door. See, friends ask if they can come over, but best friends just come over.