Chapter 19 - "Imagine"

Arianas POV

As I hear from Nicki "Write a Song!" my brain automatically brainstorms, I go upstairs and get my notebook, I get a black pen and start writing lyrics and references to Shawn and I's relationship over the past weeks.

"imagine a world like that.." I say without thinking of it.

"THATS IT, IMAGINE!" Rihanna blurts out.

"We going to the studio ladies!" I say

"Girl not with THAT smell and makeup on, go shower!!" Nicki says, Beyonce covers her mouth shocked and we all start laughing, I nod and get in the shower shortly after.

————

We arrive to the studio and start by finishing off the lyrics, there was a few things missing still but i knew where i was going with this.

"I'm gonna start by making an instrumental, Rihanna come help up." Beyonce says, Rihanna nods and follows her to the recording room.

"So, do you know where you're going with this?" Nicki asks, I nod and sip my hot chocolate.

"I want you to be a part of it, not the biggest part but you're too special" I say, Nicki's jaw drops and I giggle.

"Are you sure?" She asks.

"Yes ma'am!" I say, giving her a reassuring smile, we share a small hug and Rihanna comes in saying an instrumental snippet was made just to see if it matched.

Nicki and I get up and go over to the recording room, I hear the beat and shake my head. I start moving things around and come across a nice beat for the song that i think would match.

"You ready to record?" Beyonce says, I nod.

"Whenever you're ready!" Rihanna says as I go into the recording area and put on my earphones, I pull the microphone closer to my face and start.
————
Five hours later, the song is done, but Beyonce and Nicki say that there's still something missing towards the end.

"I have an idea.." Rihanna says shyly.

"What is it?" I ask, she looks at Beyonce and back at me.

"I think we should add whistle notes."She says, Beyonces eyes bright up and she listens to the track again.

"The instrumental at the end can be the whistles coming in.." She says, I nod.

"So, do we just do them now?" I ask, Beyonce looks at Nicki, then at Rihanna then back at me.

"Are y'all okay with staying for 30 more minutes?" Beyonce asks looking at all of us.

"I'm alright with it.." Rihanna says.

"Same here" Nicki says, giving a reassuring smile.

"Alright, Ariana get in the booth!" Beyonce says excited.

I run into the booth and sit at my little stool, I put on my ear phones and nod at Beyonce, she plays the track from the beginning and towards the end I start doing the whistles.

As it finishes, I run out of the room and over to Beyonce.

"How was that?" I ask, she listens to the track fully and she shakes her head.

"It doesn't feel right, Maybe don't do it in a whole whistle note, do it continuously for 4 times, and repeat "Can you? Imagine", and make sure to do the last imagines leading to the end higher and higher, I think i'll layer a few vocals there and there.." She says, I nod knowing what to do.
————
The song is done an hour later, I call Scooter and the Republic Records team and book a meeting at my house in 2 days.

"That was lit as fuck!" Nicki says, we save the song to the Thank U, Next folder and get out of the studio.

"Thank you guys for helping out, I apologize if I looked like a mess earlier..." I say.

We all say our goodbyes and leave.
————
This was a boring ass chapter, I know. But I think i'm ending the book in Chapter 30, thank you for reading!

vote if you enjoyed :)