Chapter 10 - "Thank You, Next"

[Arianas POV
📍Ridge-View Hospital
————
As Sean storms out, a nurse comes in.

"They went out to get Starbucks, Is it okay if you can wait..?" She asks, with a soft smile.

"Yeah of course, thanks." I say, she nods and exits the room. I see my phone on the table next to the Hospital bed and I grab it.

"Oh lord, atleast they don't know he attacked me, this shit blew the fuck up..." I say, looking through my Instagram feed.

A few minutes later, I hear a knock at the door.

"Come in.." I say, putting my phone down on my lap.

"Hi." Shawn says, I smile.

"Hi baby, how are you?" I ask, he looks like he cried, I felt so bad.

"I'm good, we were worried about you." He says, my heart drops and I pull him in for a hug.

He kisses me on the cheek, i missed him..

"Sean came over yelling at me, the dumbass pulled in for a kiss and I slapped the fuck out of him, Shawn i'm scared.." I say, he nods and he clearly notices my eyes were getting glassy.

"Hey, don't cry. I'll always be here for you, and you know that." Shawn says, with a reassuring smile, I give him a fake smile and we lock eyes.

"I love you, Shawn." I say, he smiles and calls in for a nurse.

"I love you too, I hope we can get you out of here before night time, Rihanna stayed home making dinner for us.." He says, I nod and pull my phone out to check the time.

"Did you need me..?" I hear, as I lift my head up I realize it's a nurse, I'm guessing Shawn is wanting to talk to her, I smile and look back at my phone.

"Yes, do you think she's ready to go?" He asks.

Oh my god, what did I do to deserve him? he's so cute, how in the hell am I THIS lucky?

"Sure, she seems to be doing good, from the test we took, she just passed out from not drinking enough water." She says, I look up and notice Shawn is looking at me, I nod and he nods back, no words.

"Alright, we'll work on that, thank you so much!" he says, smiling at her.

She exits and Shawn looks at me.

"Alright, let's get going Princess" He says, I smile and get off the bed, I walk over to get my baggie of clothes and accessories and I change while Shawn is in the waiting room.

I exit out and see mostly everyone from the trip in the waiting room, I greet them and tell them what happened, as I finish up, I grab Shawns hand. Shawn and I exit the Hospital with the others and head over to the Lake Mansion, which was 5 minutes away.
————
Lake Mansion.
[Shawns POV]

As I look down at her while driving back, I notice she has a small bruise in the right side of her face, In her forehead.

The minutes pass and I pull up to the mansion driveway. I open Arianas door and I grab her hand, the rest arrive a minute later and we go in, the house smelled really good, I wonder what Rihanna had made.

"Oh, Heyy y'all are back!" Rihanna says, Ariana smiles and runs over to her, they hug and have a small talk.

"So, what'd you make? It smells really good." Drake says.

Rihanna smiles and answers.

"It's Chicken Soup served with some veggies." She says, Ariana looks up at me shocked and says.

"Girl, that shit smells GOOD, so you do makeup AND good food? giiirl i can't relate." Ariana says, Nicki, Rihanna and Ariana laugh and set up the dining table.

As they finish, Ariana runs upstairs and grabs her notebook, she runs downstairs and flops on the couch, she opens her notebook and starts writing.

I look at her and I walk over to the couch.

"Sooo, what are you writing..?" I ask.

"I had an idea in my head, so I'm writing it out right now before it leaves." Ariana says, with a small smile, her smile is so precious good god.

I look over to her notebook and see the words

Thank U, Next
"Thought I'd end up with Sean
but he wasn't a match"

"Wrote some songs about Ricky
now I listen and laugh"

"Even almost got married, and
for Pete i'm so thankful"

"Wish I could say thank you to
Malcom, cause' he was an angel.."

I look over at her and she seems very precise, she thinks about something for a second and keeps writing, I look over at Rihanna as she's about to say

"Dinner is served!"

————

Note: I kinda wanna say this is a cliffhanger, which it practically is.. but anyways.

This story takes place a month after Ariana and Petes breakup, In this story I wanted it to be as if she was writing thank u, next. I love that song so much and I would really like to include this on the story.

thank you for reading! vote to contribute to my story, it'd mean a lot to me :)

Also, make sure to check out my next story "Touch It" coming out August 3rd. I don't want it to flop lmao.