7

Apollo had been outside all night

Shooting arrow after arrow into a nearby tree, and despite the cold he was burning hot as beads of sweat dripped off of him.
"Apollo?"
Chris hid his concern as he walked up behind his son.
The huntsman ignored him, continuing to pant as he shot more arrows.
"Apollo?"
Chris placed a hand on his son's shoulder, the boy roughly shrugging it off.
"What?"
Apollo huffed.
"You need to come inside-"
"No."
Apollo growled, continuing to fire arrows.
"Apollo-"
The boy rounded on his dad, the tip of an arrow placed against the man's forehead as Apollo tightened his grip on his bow.
"Apollo,"
Chris raised his hands slowly, not recognizing the feral look in his sons eyes.
"Put it down Apollo."
The huntsman's eyes were moving around, his chest heaving as he pulled the bow back further.
"Apollo-"
The boy let go of the bow, Chris tackling him to the ground and barely missing the arrow.
The two Argents gaped at each other, Apollo looking down at his hands in shock.
"I,"
Apollo shook his head softly, looking to his dad with furrowed eyebrows.
"What did I do?"
The boy gave a confused look to his father, who was clearly in a panic.
"Nothing just go inside."
Chris mumbled, taking the bow from his son.
Apollo stood from the ground, slowly making his way to the house.
A smirk graced his lips as he moved out of his dad's sight.
Low laughter filled the boy's empty room as he twirled an arrow in his hand.
"Silver."
He hummed, the noise turning into a chaotic laugh as he examined the arrowhead.
Apollo looked in the mirror, seeming to stop in his tracks.
The boy ran a hand over the glass, not recognizing who he saw.
He tilted his head, a wide smile crossing his face as another laugh escaped him.
With rigid posture, the boy sat the arrow down alongside the others he had made.
Running a hand through his hair as he sighed.
"I'm sorry dad,"
His face contorted looking as if he'd been stabbed.
"Too serious."
The boy deadpanned, staring himself down in the mirror.
"Dad, I don't know what happened I- I'm so sorry."
He pursed his lips, staring at himself in the mirror almost expecting to know what to say.
"Who cares?"
Apollo scoffed, raising an eyebrow at himself.
"It doesn't matter anyways,"
The huntsman fell back on his bed with a chuckle.
"It will be here soon."