(23) Officially Missing you

Start from the beginning

"Thanks for everything jiyoung." He smiled and walked off.

If my mind was dominant, i wouldnt probably tell him i had a boyfriend for a while and just date him again. But i still have a conscience.

I saw sowon staring into the pavement.

"I see youre zoning out too." I stood beside her and it broke her out of her trance.

"Did you see him leave?" She said in a low voice.

"Nope, gone the moment i opened my eyes."

"I see, do you want to go for one round?"

"I think i might need more than one round."

We went to a mini bar and had a drink. We were never heavy drinkers so 3 shots of vodka were enough to make us dizzy. We stopped since we still have classes tomorrow. What good students we are.

"Ill walk you home."

We entered sowon's apartment. The house was so neat.

"He did a great job." I gave her an okay sign.

"Thats all he does when im gone." She went to get us both water.

After that we lied down together on her bed.

"Are we going back to our miserable lives now?" She asked.

"Were not miserable. But we are lonely." I chuckled.

"Right,we are."

We stared into the ceiling for a good one hour, we were becoming sober since we could hear each other sniffle and clear our throat every few minutes. We werent talking.

"Its 10 already." I spoke.

"Ill walk you home." She stood up.

"Okay ill walk you back too." She nodded, maybe we'll just do that endlessly until we both get tired.

We were walking the cold dark street. Sowon was looking down and i looked up. There were no stars tonight, even the moon wasnt present. Only dark night clouds.

I guess i cant talk to chan.

We arrived at my apartment and we both fell down the sofa.

"Do you want beer? I think i still have 3 cans left from last time. We could share the other one." She nodded and we started to drink again.

There was no television or music, just pure silence. We can both comfort each other this way. Just being here for each other, both feeling miserable, sad and lonely.

"Good thing my class tomorrow starts at 2." She suddenly laughed and she rested her head on my shoulder.

"Mine is better, 2:30." We both laughed.

We finished drinking and i made sowon stay instead, i didnt want to sleep alone tonight and she didnt either. Heck we didnt even want to come home to our own apartments but we have no choice.

Sowon and me stayed up together.

"Do you think theyre doing fine?" I asked.

"Yeah, i bet they dont remember anything." We both stared at my ceiling that had luminous star stickers. Glowing in the shade of green. "I really love those glow in the dark stars." Sowon tried to change the subject.

"You can have them, ill buy a new one. Ill buy a moon."

"Moon? It'll look better with stars around it."

"The moon is enough for me."

"Why the moon all of a sudden?"

"Because it'll feel like were together since were under the same moon. And i can talk to the moon and think its him."

"Did he get that from bruno mars?" I glared at her. She smiled for a second and turned serious. "Its really sweet. When you talk to him tell him i miss minho. Maybe he can tell him for me." I nodded.

"Have a good dream." I closed my eyes.

"You too."

...

My phone blasted, it was 11 in the afternoon already. My head was aching. I tried to reach for my phone and answered immediately.

Me: hello?

Why werent you answering me? I was so worried about you!

Me: im sorry Dad, i was asleep, i had a drink with sowon.

What? Why did you drink? Where are you?

Me: im at home with sowon.

I shaked sowon since her phone was ringing too.

"Yah sowon, your phone is irritating." She just groaned and looked for her phone.

Inha?

Me: yes?

Are you sure youre fine?

Me: yeah.

Okay i need to go, ill talk to you later.

I closed my eyes and tried to sleep again.

"Minho?" My eyes opened.

"Ho-how is this possible?" Sowon was speaking to someone in her phone.

"Yeah im fine. I was asleep. Okay?" She put her phone down and turned to me.

Am i dreaming right now? I checked my phone and looked who did i just talk to.

Baby💕
Call duration: 58 seconds

What the actual fuck.

"Hey is this a dream? I just talked to minho on the phone now." Sowon was clutching her head. "Im still drunk right?" She spoke as she start to lie down again.

"Then are we both on the same dream? Chan just called me too." She sat up again.

"Ooh, that hurts. How is this possible?"

"We must be dreaming." She nodded.

"That bartender might have drugged us."

We both lied down again and rested our throbbing heads.