Gordon's Finest Hour

"Come on now! We will be late! Come on now! WE'LL BE LATE!"

"There's no need to rush, there's no need to rush!" sang the coaches, as they tugged down the mainline with the engine roaring down the hill.

Edward was at his station, he was quietly resting in a siding. Until...

"Peep pip peeeeeeeep!!"

Edward started, as the visiting engine stormed through. "W-Wh-Ho-" exclaimed the blue engine. Only to leave his voice with silent fury as the train disappeared round the bend.

***

Edward was cross about the loud interruption with his nap, and when he's cross, you wouldn't like to know about it. The blue engine stormed through the junction at the big station and coming into platform three. James, who was on platform two, glanced over.

"Are you alright Edward?" he asked.

"Sometimes," began Edward, "city engines can be so rude and loud." And he told James what happened a few hours ago.

"Oh, you mean that engine that came in here two hours ago? She is from the Great Western of all places," James sniggered, "the ladies in that region are what the folks tell me."

"Do you want me to tell Molly then?" Edward asked.

James spluttered and almost coughed out his own ashes. "

"Preparations?" quizzes Edward, "for what?"

"Search me," replied James, "she has barely said a word since her arrival."

The guard's whistle blew, and James left the station. Edward soon left, leaving his coaches at the platform and headed to the depot. He found the engine, standing next to the water to water tower. With Henry a few tracks over.

"So you're saying that you decided to wedge yourself in that tiny tunnel?" asked the engine.

"Well I didn't actually shoved myself in there," Henry replied, "but I did refuse to go out into the rain."

"Wait what?" the engine began to laugh, "so you refused to move to come out of the tunnel, over some rain?"

Henry huffed, he looked over to see Edward steaming in and shone up like he had been saved in a knight in shining armor. The blue engine looked at each steam engine with an expression of curiosity.

"Good afternoon," he said, formally to them both.

"Ah Edward!" said Henry, "Your here, I would love to introduce you to Ava. She is-"

"-An Great Western Railway 4000 'Star' Class tender locomotive," interrupted Ava, looking prideful.

"You must be the engine that stormed through my station," said Edward, with stern look on his face.

"Did I?" replied Ava, "I do apologise then, I'm from London you see, and we have to be quiet loud so for people to pay attention to us."

"Yes well, you've clearly do a good job on getting people's attention on you," Henry interjected. Before Edward could respond to Henry's comment, the steam engine rumbled off to some other place. Ava watched crossly as Henry steamed off.