Chapter Forty One - Graduation Kisses

Start from the beginning

My eyes scan the grounds for them amongst the swarm of other people. Until my eyes rest on him. I do a double take because I don't even believe what I'm seeing.

He's stood with my parents, smiling and talking. Dressed in a white button down shirt and dark blazer, my whole body went up in flames.

I slowly make my way towards them, what was he doing here? None of them had even noticed me yet, my legs begin to shake.

Kayden starts to tell my dad something as he looks out in front of him, his eyes catching mine. He stops talking instantly and keeps his eyes firmly on me.

All I can do is stare back. He matches my actions and walks towards me. We stop when we are merely inches apart from each other.

"What are you doing here?" I ask in shock.

Kayden's lips twitch up. "You think I was going to miss the chance of seeing my girl graduate?"

My girl.

My heart slams in my chest so hard I almost fell backwards. I don't even have any words. I have nothing.

Kayden's eyes look over my gown and my dress. "You look beautiful," he says quietly.

My cheeks burn red. He was making me blush, Goddammit. "Thank you," I reply, my throat felt so dry.

His left hand raises the bouquet of flowers, white and pink roses and carnations. "Congratulations," he says as he hands them to me.

"Kayden," I say as my eyes look down to the large set of flowers. "They're beautiful, thank you."

"You're welcome," he says as I gently take them from his hands.

"Oh my look at you!" My mom gushes as she steps forward to look at my gown. She gasps and holds my face in her hands. "You look so beautiful, doesn't she Michael?"

My dad nods at her. "You look lovely Kayleigh,"

"Thanks," I smile at them both.

"Right!" My mom says as she claps her hands together. "We need to get pictures before the ceremony!"

She whips out her iPhone that she has no idea how to use, using one finger she attempts to look for the camera app. I turn to Kayden. "I only managed to get my mom and dad tickets for the ceremony,"

Kayden returns a grin at me. "Don't worry," he says calmly as he reaches inside his blazer. "I already got it." He pulls out a printed ticket.

I smile up to him. "You always have your way,"

Kayden laughs as he brushes his fingers down the length of my arm and steps closer to me. "Always," he whispers in my ear. My arm raises in goosebumps.

"Kayleigh, lets go stand in front of that blossom tree." My mom beckons us over.

We get so many pictures that smiling felt so alien to me, my cheeks absolutely killed. "Well we better go make our way over," I say as I quickly check the time.

"Of course, of course!" My mom calls.

We fall into a slow stroll as my parents begin chatting away about how they wished they went to college and what they would have studied. Kayden listens politely, his fingers brushing against mine with every step we took.