Chapter Seventeen - Welcome To The World

Vote, Comment, Follow. You know the drill x

You are an angel.

KAYLEIGH ELLIOTT

"WHERE. IS. JAX?" Ava screams from beside me. Her brown hair clung to her sweaty forehead, her entire face red and glistening.

Sitting in the hospital chair, I begin to bounce my feet in anticipation. I don't know where Jaxon was but it was making me worried. My fingernail finds my teeth and I chew but then instantly stop.

Ava didn't need to know that I was worried.

"It's okay," I smooth down Ava's hair. "He's gonna be here any second, I promise."

I hope to God he is going to be here any second. A nurse dips her head between Ava's legs and then gives me a look. "She's at ten centimetres dilated."

Ava grips my hand and squeezes. My bones feel like they're about to break. "I need my boyfriend with me now," Ava says desperately. "My boyfriend."

Her breathing now becomes heavier and her hold on my hand tighter. It was losing blood at a rapid rate. I wince mentally but let her carry on because I know that she must be in excruciating pain. My whole hand turning white.

She was so damn strong and I have no idea how. She throws her head back onto the bed and cries aloud. "I just want him here," her voice is barely audible because of her tears.

"I'll call Kayden again, yeah?" I say towards her and peel my hand away from hers.

I reach into my bag and pull out my iPhone. Walking towards the door, just as I grip onto the handle a force behind the door pushes me backwards. I almost land on the ground.

Jaxon rushes in, his eyes frantically scanning the room before they settle on Ava. He rushes to her side and dips down to grab her hand and cup her face. "Hey baby," he says. "I'm here, I'm here now. It's okay."

Jaxon wipes away her tears that stain her cheeks and a wash of relief covers Ava's face. It's soon replaced with a look of pain when she contracts again.

She cries out. "It hurts so fuck-ing bad." Her body shakes.

Jaxon rests his forehead down onto hers gently. He frowns at her. "I know it does, but soon we'll get to see our beautiful baby, hmmm?" He says as he kisses her forehead. "Our angel will be here."

Jaxon's hand is now being squeezed to death by Ava but he doesn't seem to mind. A distressed cry leaves her mouth again.

She pants and Jaxon puts his lips by her ear, "I know you can do it." He whispers to her.

God, I was literally going to cry.

"Please get me epidural!" Ava shouts through gritted teeth.

Then I decide to leave them to it because they definitely are going to want their privacy. I step into the hall way, the smell of disinfectant swarms me. A hand runs its way over my face as I let out a sigh.

"Hey,"

A voice behind me makes me jump. I turn to be faced with Kayden who is sitting on one of the waiting chairs. He smiles when I look at him.

"Hey," I let out as I slowly walk towards him and sit in the next vacant seat.

"How's she doing?" He questions as he rests his elbow on the back of his chair, turning his body towards me.