Chapter Six - Oops I Fell

AN: So many of you guys saying that Kayleigh and Kayden are mates or should be mates. They are 100% not mates and never will be, but something suspicious is going on if he can hear her thoughts.

I'll leave you guys to have a ponder on what that could possibly be...

Happy reading x

Dates make me nervous.

KAYDEN HAVANA

KAYLEIGH HAD FINALLY agreed to going on a date with me. I don't know why she was denying this connection between us but I wanted to find out why.

She had a guard up and even though I could hear her thoughts, I couldn't hear them all. Some of them were filtered, blocking me out from understanding her. It was strange. I didn't understand what was going on.

My mind was still baffled as to why I could hear them in the first place.

I told Kayleigh to be ready for 12PM. I had a feeling that once she had slept on it, she would have changed her mind. But I prayed she didn't.

All I wanted was to get to know her better, I wanted to see a glimpse of her life.

There was so much I wanted to know.

I know that we weren't just sex, we were so much more than that. We just needed to give it a chance.

Something that Kayleigh wasn't willing to give easily.

"Where are you going?" Ava questions me as she rubs a hand over her small bump. Her finger raises up to run multiple circles around at my outfit. "Dressed like that..."

Looking down to myself. "What's wrong with this?" I ask instantly.

I was wearing a short sleeved black shirt that was open, a white t-shirt underneath and black ripped denim shorts.

"For once in your life you've actually put an effort into what you're wearing, this is a first." Ava responds, a smile playing on her lips.

I narrow my eyes at her. "I'm just going to blame the hormones for you being so blunt."

She laughs quietly. "So where are you going?" She asks again as she retreats a glass from the cupboard and fills it with water.

"Out,"

"With?" She questions shaking her head at me slightly.

"Kayleigh,"

Ava's eyes study me for a second. Then she smiles. "Taking my best friend off me I see,"

"Only for a few hours, then she's yours for the rest of the night."

Ava places her cup down onto the kitchen island and raises her hands at me. "You guys enjoy each other."

"Oh trust me I will," I say smirking at her.

She shows me a face of disgust. "You're gross,"

My laugh fills the air. "See you later," I say as I make my way into the hall.

I watch Ava wave as I walk past and decide to wait by the stairs, checking the watch on my wrist. It was just past twelve.

Hearing light footsteps above me, I instantly look up. Just seeing her make my eyes light up, I could feel it physically.