Chapter 53

--

We arrive outside my house. I thank Jake and run to my door. I rummage around in my bag for my keys. They aren't there. Why am I so forgetful all the time? Today is really not my day. I know none of the boys are home.

Honk. I spin on my heels to see Jake is still here. He leans out of the window.

"Get back in" I turn and look back at the door "I'm not kidnapping you"

"I didn't think you were" I say walking back to his car. I slide back into the slight puddle that I formed in his car seat. No I did not wet myself.

"You still look cute when your dripping wet"

"Shut up" I laugh "What about Avery?"

"Who?"

"Don't tell me you've forgotten her name?"

"Oh Avery from History?"

"Yeah. You seemed pretty familiar with her yesterday"

"Oh yeah"

"Did you guys-?"

"Yeah" He says "I feel bad though. I didn't realise how much she likes me"

"She's kinda obsessed"

"Not another stalker"

"What do you mean not another?"

"Well I sleep with a girl and then she gets really attached to me, like she wants to be with me 24/7"

"Oh what an inconvenience for you" I say rolling my eyes. Any guy would kill to have a girls undivided attention.

"See this is why I like you Potter" He laughs "You're normal around me. Girls fall at my knees because they want a chance with a Jack Gilinsky look alike"

"You know his name now?"

"He meant so much to you I felt like I had to"

"Well thanks"

"This is why I like you. You don't care if I look like him"

"That's because I've got the real thing"

"I didn't even think of that"

"So where are you taking me?"

"To my house duh" He laughs pulling into his drive.

"Oh yeah duh" I laugh back

"Come on" he says running inside.

--

I stand in Jakes bathroom looking at myself in the mirror. I try to fix my hair somehow, not that it worked.

I hear a knock at the door. I open the door to see Jake with a bundle of clothes in his hand.

"Hey" he says softly "so I brought you these so you didn't get cold or something"

"Thanks" I say taking them. I close the door and change into his baggy top and sweats quickly. I go back to Jakes room to find him sitting on the edge of his bed with a hairdryer on his lap and his phone in one hand. He looks up at me and smiles.

"Let me put those in the dryer for you? They'll be done in like an hour" he says "It's really old and slow sorry"

"It's okay, thank you"

"You don't have to keep saying thank you all the time. I know you're not actually this polite"

"Sorry" I say before I clamp my hand over my mouth "I can't help it"

"It's cool, give me a second" he says running out. He comes back a few seconds later. "That was quick"

"I'm a football player what do you expect?" He laughs and I laugh in response. I look at the hairdryer.

"Can I use that?" I say pointing to it.

"Can I do it for you?"

"What?"

"I'm trying to be a nicer person. I want to help"

"Why? Girls seem to like you enough already"

"I don't care about those girls, I want this girl stood right in front of me"

"Jake- I have a boyfriend"

"Oh shit- I mean" he pauses "We can still be friends though can't we?"

"Sure" I smile as he leads me over to his bed and starts to dry my hair. "I've never had a boy dry my hair before"

"Really?"

"Would I lie about that?"

"I guess not" I look around his room at the photos on the wall. "Don't look at that" He says scrambling up to turn a picture over.

"Why who is it?" I ask

"It's this girl who I used to be really in love with but I ruined it and I couldn't stop thinking about her. Until I met you"

"Who's that?"

"Mia"

"Oh Mia"

"Yeah, let's not talk about her though" He says sitting back on the bad "You never did tell me why you were out in the pouring rain on your own?"

"Mia"

(A/N: Double update because I forgot to update and ily guys! Thank you to everyone who has left lovely messages about my stories! I really appreciate it. Enjoy x)