Chapter 3

We drove to Amy's house. I was nervous. More than nervous. I was petrified.

"I'll wait here" Taylor said as we pulled up into her drive. I nodded and took a deep breath.

"Wish me luck" He smiled warmly in response and I took another deep breath getting out of the car. I slowly crept up to the front door. I knocked hastily and waited for an answer.

"Skylar? I hardly recognised you with the blonde hair!" Amy's mum said as she opened the door "What are you doing here?"

"I came to see Amy, I'm leaving tomorrow and I wanted to clear the air"

"Well okay, she's in her room I think. She's face-what-you-call-it-ing with that fella of hers" I laughed at her remark and smiled stepping inside.

"Thank you"

"AMY! YOU HAVE A VISITOR!" Amy's mum shouted as I made my way up to Amy's room. I could navigate my way around her house with my eyes shut if I needed to.

"WHAT?" I heard Amy scream as I stood outside the door. "Oh Matt, you're such an idiot" I heard her giggle through the door. Maybe this was a bad idea? She's obviously moved onto him now that I'm out of the picture. I spent a few seconds deciding whether to knock or to walk straight in. I decided to knock. "Ergh what now mother?" Amy huffed opening the door. She stood shocked to silence when she saw me stood there.

"What? What's going on?" I hear Matt ask through the phone. She shook back to reality and held the phone up to her face.

"I have to go, Bye" She said quickly and hung up, not giving him a chance to reply. "What are you doing here?" She spat, putting her phone in her back pocket.

"I-I came to clear things up" I stuttered. She paused, thinking.

"Well I guess you should come in" Sshe gestured for me to enter the room. I sat down in her desk chair whilst she sat on her bed

"I don't know where to start?" I said as she rolled her eyes and took a deep breath.

"Well let me" Of course she wants first say, she always wants first say. "I'm sorry Sky."

Amy? Sorry? Really? I never in a million years thought I'd go there and she'd actually apologise to me.

"I really didn't want to hurt you. You are my best friend and I didn't want to do anything to hurt you. I just guess I got jealous, I know Shawn liked you from the start, not me. He told me what you said to him. You asked him to give me a chance. you gave up your chance to be with any of them just for me. I really didn't mean to or even want to have sex with Matt. Aaron got inside my head and I just snapped. I didn't think things would escalate so quickly after that. I didn't want for you to find out that way."

"So why didn't you say all this ages ago?" I thought to myself

"I know should have said all this a long time ago Sky. I'm so so sorry." Did I think that or did I say it out loud? To be honest I still don't know.

I didn't respond for over 10 minutes. I just thought and rethought about what she had just said.

"I'm sorry too. It's not that you kissed Matt to get back at me. I just wish you had told me, seriously. I would have told you that nothing would ever happen between Shawn and I. I liked Matt, not Shawn. I didn't want Shawn." I managed to say, my voice cracking every few words.

"I should have realised that. You mean the world to me. I'm gutted that you're moving. If I hadn't messed everything up you wouldn't be leaving. You wouldn't be moving a million miles away from me. I drove you away. I'm a horrible person."

"I chose to move, I didn't want to live with my mum either, don't blame yourself."

"I've been beating myself up over this. I feel like a total shit head" We were both crying by this point "Well not physically beating myself up. Anna did that for me"

"I'm sorry I dragged you into that"

"Don't be, I would have died for you Sky, I still would now"

"I'm sorry I said that I should have left you to die there. I really didn't mean it"

"Don't worry about it, it was a heat of the moment thing"

"I love you Amy" I breathed "You can tell me anything you know?"

"I love you too Sky and I know" She replied. "So blonde huh?" She said attempting to change the subject.

"Yeah" I said bluntly.

We hugged each other, crying for at least 10 more minutes. At least until my phone began to rang. I answered it to hear Taylor's worried voice.

"Are you okay? I'm just checking she hasn't ripped your head off yet!"

"I'm fine Tay, I'm coming now" I said, hanging up.

"Tay hey?" She laughed and I nodded in response.

"I'm moving in down the street from him, that's all!" I laughed "I should go. Thank you for everything you've done for me. I'll see you soon when you come visit yes?" She nodded happily and I made my way back out to the car.

Thanks to Taylor, I have my best friend back. He was right. It was stupid to let some idiot come between us. I started to wonder if moving really would be the best thing? Do I stay with my amazing little sister and my best friend? Or do I move with my amazing dad and live with my best friend?

I guess you could say: I'm torn.