Chapter 23

"You're not Matt?"
"Exactly"
"Yeah, exactly. That's why I like you. Because you're not him"
"Sky, we live thousands of miles away from each other. It's for the best."
"I guess."
"I'm sorry Sky. It really kills me to see a beautiful person like you upset because you deserve so much better"
"Hayes it's fine"
"I love you Sky" He leans over and kisses me on the lips
"Why'd you do that?"
"I had to, I couldn't stop myself"
"Sorry, I have that effect on people. I just can't stop people wanting to kiss me." I joke.
"It's funny because it's true"
"You realise I was joking"
"But you weren't, I mean who haven't you kissed? Nash, JJ, Taylor, Matt, me"
"Are you calling me a slut?" I joke
"Oh yeah sure" he replies sarcastically, getting up
"You off then?" I laugh
"Yeah, I'm gonna go..."
"Hot girl just walked past the door right?"
"Skyyy" he wines
"Go" he smiles and goes running out the door in the direction of the girl. Boys huh? One minute you're secretly dating them, the next they're running out the door of your hospital room after some other girl. Literally.

Don't take it out on Hayes though, don't feel bad for me. I wasn't 100% sure about me and him anyway, this just proves that he wasn't either. Even though Matt told him to dump me, I know that deep down Hayes felt he had to as well. I don't blame him, look at me. I'm 5"7 with dyed blonde hair that's not long but not medium length (it's a weird length don't ask), I'm fat, I've got nothing really going for me, I'm not particularly smart and I'm not popular. In other words, I'm definitely not Amy.

"Sky?" I look at the door but don't reply "I know you hate me right now"
"I don't hate you"
"What about Hayes?"
"Like I said, I don't hate you. I just strongly dislike you right now"
"Oh"
"Did you come here for a reason?"
"Yeah, I wanted to say something"
"Spit it out then" I say growing impatient. I don't want to spend anymore time with him then I have to.
"I can't take it anymore. It's like you're giving up. You're giving up everything that I- along with the rest of the boys- fell in love with. You're not you anymore. I fell in love with the girl who was beautiful but could never truly see it in herself.

The girl who no longer cared about what people say about her or thought about her because of all she's been put through. The girl who didn't put up with her friends shit. But now you're giving up and you're disappearing. Literally. It kills me more and more everyday. You give up and a little piece of me gives up with you.

I was the biggest idiot on the face of the earth and I can't live anymore without you Sky. When I thought I'd lost you Sky, I was lost myself, I couldn't see straight, I couldn't think straight. All I can think about is you Sky. I was an idiot, I don't want Amy, it's you I want, always has been, always will be Sky. You're my rock, you're my world, you're my girl."