Chapter 24: Burning Leaf

Naruto woke up, a blinding light making him squint as he tried to move, only finding himself tied down, his movement completely restricted. 

"What, what is this?" He asked, groaning as he felt a wave of nausea attack his body. "Where am I?" 

"You're in Konoha," A female voice hissed. 

"Well fuck me," He said as he closed his eyes, trying to fight off the headache that was coming closer. "I don't wanna die here," The woman let out a low laugh. 

"Oh, you won't die, not yet at least. We have some questions to ask you, and then we're going to extract from things from you, and then you can die." The light suddenly turned off, making Naruto's vision go black as he could no longer see things. 

"You've done a lot of bad things, Naruto Uzumaki, a lot of bad things." The woman purred as a kunai slid across his whiskered cheek, drawing a small river of blood from his face, but to Naruto's credit, he didn't even flinch. 

"Trust me, I know." He spoke. "But I don't regret doing a lot of those things. So how about you either kill me now or be killed by me later," His vision saw through the dark now as he peered at the woman. "Those are your only two options." He recognized the woman, it being the same woman who proctored the 2nd Exam during the Chunin Exams all those years back, she hadn't changed a bit. 

"Oh, it seems your pair has only grown since I last saw you, didn't the bastard kick your ass and in response, you destroyed a rather large section of my beautiful forest?" 

"I did. But I killed him a few weeks back, it was funny watching him die." He spoke as he met Anko's eyes, the woman taking a step back in shock. "And then I killed Itachi, who was twice as strong as Orochimaru was, so release me, or die later." Anko was shaking it was Naruto thought was fear, but then she burst into laughter. 

"Wow, that's fucking hilarious! His own little vessel killed him!" She suddenly grabbed Naruto by his hair and yanked him up, making him face her as she glared murderously at him. "For that, I'll go a little bit easier on your torture, okay?" 

"I say go full force because I'm the reason you failed to kill your master. You'll never surpass him," She grinned before stabbing the kunai in his shoulder, causing him to grunt in pain. "And you'll never get your revenge, because I killed him, not you!" 

"You shut the hell up!" She screamed before stabbing the kunai in his thigh, twisting it as she did so as Naruto let out another grunt of pain. 

"Anko, that's enough." An authoritative voice spoke as a woman with blonde hair in two pigtails came strolling in, a green vest-like shirt over her grey and black tunic, showing off a well-developed bust with a crystal necklace around her neck, a diamond dot on her forehead. "Leave, I wish to speak to the prisoner alone." Anko snarled, but obeyed the woman as the door slammed behind her. 

"So, you're the infamous Naruto Uzumaki, huh?" She asked politely as she sat down in front of Naruto.

"You know the last Hokage who was alone with me died, right?" The woman rose an eyebrow. 

"Yes, but I'm not a feeble old man who is too trusting of an unstable Jinchuuriki," She said simply. "My name is Tsunade Senju, the Fifth Hokage." 

"My name is Naruto Uzumaki, and I don't give a shit." He spat out, glaring at the woman. 

"Hmph, you should watch the way you talk to me, I could kill you with a snap of a finger, or a flick of one if you prefer." She said, her tone even and filled with confidence. 

"Yeah right, the weakest of the Sannin, who do you think you are to threaten the likes of me?" He spoke angrily as the Slug Sannin didn't even flinch. 

"Listen, kid, I'm here to propose something, okay? You're going to die, that's guaranteed, now, I can make your last day's ones of comfort, or ones of complete agony, your choice." 

"I already told you, if you guys don't kill me right now, I will kill you all myself!" He said between gritted teeth, his dark blue eyes meeting the golden honey eyes that the Senju had. 

"Do you have the power to back that up? You haven't fully recovered from the fight with Itachi Uchiha yet, so you can't possibly take on every ninja in the village, you have a seal that was designed to steal your chakra at all times, tell me, Uzumaki, how do you think this will play out?" 

Naruto looked at the ground for a second, his Sharingan twisting into its Mangekyou form as he faded out of his restraints and stood up, rubbing his wrist slightly. 

"I copied the Mangekyou Sharingan from Itachi before he died, even with half of my chakra gone," He said as a tag fell off of his back. "I can still beat the strongest in the village, that being you, right?" Instead of panicking, or freaking out, Tsunade sat calmly. 

"I know who you are, Naruto Uzumaki, I know you hold no true ill will against Konoha, you killed the old man because he wronged you," Naruto nodded. 

"Of course he did! He kept me an orphan, kept me out on the streets so your stupid villagers could torment me! He kept me alone on purpose! He deserved to die, so I killed him!" He shouted passionately, chakra swirling around him as he took a step forward, but once again, Tsunade did not move. "Why aren't you moving? Aren't you angry at me? Scared of me? Intimidated?" He asked in a confused tone. She rose her left eyebrow slightly. 

"Should I be?" 

"Of course," Naruto spoke as he lunged towards the woman, only to fall through the image as she suddenly shattered into thousands of shards of what seemed like crystals. "Genjutsu," 

"Interesting, so you would've killed me." A voice echoed out. "I guess you'll stay here without food nor water, let's see how long your Uzumaki genes can carry you, shall we?" And with that, the light turned off and Naruto was left in darkness. 

And done. Short, but needed. 

Anyways, good or bad? Tell me! 

Til next time my lil demons!