Chapter 16: Declaration

". . .and for the rest of you who have decided to stay, you pass!" Ibiki Morino shouted as he looked at the class in front of him. A few mutters passed throughout the class, but Naruto sported a smirk on his face. 

But before he could relish in his own success, a woman by the name Anko smashed into the building and quickly guided everyone out of the building and to a forest which she called, 'The Forest of Death', this was when Naruto decided to speak. 

"Oh wow, a forest, in the Village Hidden in the Leaves, how scary," He drawled out in a bored tone, only for a kunai to whizz past him as he easily leaned his head to the side. He then felt a presence behind him. 

"Cocky kids like you die first," Anko whispered in his ear, another kunai at his cheek. To Naruto's credit, he didn't look alarmed at all, but Sakura and Sasuke sure as hell did. 

"Please quit trying to sexually harass proctor-san, it's quite new and I'd rather not get taught by someone with a lot of experience." Anko's eyes widened at the insult but she just started laughing. 

"That was harsh, brat." She got off of Naruto and began explaining the rules such as the Earth Scroll and the Heaven Scroll, and how you needed one of each to pass, and all of your teammates. This was going to be a walk in the park. 

Or so Naruto thought. 

Unbeknown to him, there were a total of three different teams looking at him, including one ninja, two teams were looking at him with interest and the other team was looking at him cautiously. 

The one person was looking at him with a certain hunger in their eyes, but they went to their respective gate without being noticed. 

Team Seven watched as their gate opened before the rushed forward, trying to get as close as possible to some cover from any Teams that might have noticed them. They stopped at a rather large tree trunk where Naruto turned to Sakura. 

"Sakura, I need the scroll." She rose her eyebrow but threw him the scroll anyway. 

"May I ask why?" He nodded. "Then why?" She asked, feeling kinda dumb. 

"I'm the strongest out of the three of us, that much is obvious," She noticed Sasuke tense at his words. "So if we are to be attacked, I'm the least likely to go down. But don't worry," He said, a faraway look in his eyes. "I'll protect you both, you won't get hurt, not as long as I'm alive." 

"We don't need your protection, Naruto," Sasuke said bitterly. "We're capable of defending ourselves quite fine." Naruto didn't respond, not needing to. Everyone knew that Sasuke was lying. Sure, Sasuke was at least at High Chunin Level, and Sakura at Low Chunin Level, but they would lose to Yugao easily. 

And Naruto beat Yugao easily, he didn't even use Zabuza's sword, nor did he use any ninjutsu besides Godspeed. 

It was terrifying. 

Naruto pocketed the scroll and the three began moving, searching for other teams. 

They stopped by a small river where they got something to drink as Naruto built a small fire with the help of Sasuke, who provided a small fire jutsu to get it going. The three Genin sat in relative silence before Naruto closed his eyes. 

"We have some company, the fire alerted them." Sakura looked panicked and was about to put it out, but Sasuke stopped her. 

"It's part of the plan, we're trying to lure them here," Sasuke said, trying to ease her worries at least a little. 

"Are you guys insane?" Naruto popped an eye open and Sasuke only shrugged. "Nevermind, you guys are insane! Why would you draw attention?" Naruto stood up, stretching his arms until a satisfying crack could be heard from his joints.