Chapter 22: Appearances

"Karin," Naruto began as he turned to the girl. "Please stop arguing with the water-boy." He said sternly, getting the girl to grin sheepishly as she shut up. "Suigetsu, quit fucking with her." Suigetsu rolled his eyes. 

"Whatever, you're not my boss." Jugo glanced at Suigetsu, his red-orange eyes filled with doubt at the light-haired boy. 

"Yes he is," 

Jugo charged Naruto, half of his body grey, one of his eyes were yellow, his face breaking into a grin. 

"Naruto, watch out!" Karin shouted, but Naruto did no such thing, he just simply met Jugo's murderous gaze, getting him to stop in his place. 

"D-Die?" Jugo whispered, confused. 

"You will calm down, I have no use for tools that cannot control themselves." He said, not even flinching at the sight of the orange-haired man towering over him. Karin and Suigetsu bristled at the word "tools", but ignored it for now. 

"I-I'm sorry," Jugo got out as he reverted back to his calm state. 

"What exactly are we doing?" Karin asked in an annoyed tone. Naruto held up his hand, closing his eyes as the veins around his eyes bulged as he opened his eyes, the Byakugan shining brightly. 

A single mile away, a crow was perched upon a branch, a single Sharingan in one of its eyes. Tied to its foot, was a single parchment of paper that was rolled up. His eyes narrowed as he motioned for the team to go forward. 

"We are to distract a man named Kisame Hoshigaki," Kabuto answered helpfully. Karin looked at him with bewildered eyes. 

"The Tailless Beast? The one who murdered the Mist Daimyo? Why?" She practically yelled, looking at Naruto for answers, but received none, only silence permeating around the blonde shinobi, his eyes never leaving the crow. 

He knew it was Itachi, not the crow, but the message. Itachi knew this would happen, and had gotten ready. 

"Hey, come on, stop leaving us hanging, Naruto!" Suigetsu protested as he suddenly stopped running. "I know we are to fight another Akatsuki member while you fight the other alone, but why? What's the point in picking a fight and gathering all of us to do this?" He yelled. 

Naruto stopped running and turned around, facing the small group of four, each one having questions except for Kabuto, who was content with following his master's orders. 

"Around a decade or so ago, Itachi Uchiha single-handedly demolished the Uchiha Clan except for one, traumatizing one of my old friends, Sasuke Uchiha. One of the people he killed was none other than Shisui Uchiha, my sensei and the closest thing I've ever had for a parent. I was forced to watch that over and over again, and for that, he will pay." He wouldn't tell them about wanting to prevent Itachi from destroying his friends in Konoha, for that would make him look weak. 

And he could not be weak. 

"So why us?" Karin asked. Naruto rolled his eyes. 

"Suigetsu, your ability to turn into water is quite useful, you are also an adept sword user and were the Second Coming Demon of the Hidden Mist. Karin, your ability to sense chakra from miles upon miles from my Byakugan's ability is impressive and I need you to detect threats, plus, you're a medic. Jugo, when you tap into your almost literal inner-demon, you become a true force to be reckoned with. Your brute strength far outmatches mine and you can probably beat Kisame Hoshigaki by yourself if you go all out." He then glanced at Kabuto.