Chapter 4: Brothers

Itachi. . .

The most hated person in all of Konoha, yet, only two people hated him at the moment, but those two held enough hatred in their hearts to give even the angriest person nightmares. 

Those two people were none other than Naruto Uzumaki and Sasuke Uchiha. 

And today is the day that the author makes them known to one another. 

Naruto opened the door that Sarutobi told him Sasuke was in, and the first thing he saw was the mass of flowers sitting on a table across the room, bright colorful flowers that brightened the bland room, making it seem more lively. 

It disgusted him. 

He walked forward and saw Sasuke sitting up, eating his dinner, his charcoal colored eyes showing no light, only holding that dullness that Naruto held in his own. Sasuke heard the door shut and he looked up, expecting to see a sympathetic nurse or another psychologist, but instead, he got the sight of a boy no older than him staring at him, his eyes hiding his true intentions. 

"What do you want?" Sasuke asked, annoyance creeping into his tone. He just wanted to be left alone. Naruto, however, didn't indulge the boy with an answer, he only walked forward before he was standing in front of Sasuke's bed. 

"What?" Sasuke asked again, this time anger was evident in his tone. 

"You are Sasuke Uchiha, the last survivor of the famed Uchiha Clan? Brother to Itachi?" Sasuke scowled. 

"Don't you dare mention that man to me!" He yelled furiously. Naruto felt a small smirk creep onto his face. 

"Sasuke," He began after Sasuke calmed down a little bit. "Your brother took everything from me, just as he did to you. Now, you have one of two choices," Sasuke fought the urge to roll his eyes at that. 

"And what in pray-tell are those?" He asked a little bit too sarcastically as Naruto's whole demeanor switched from emotionless to angry in a split second, his face twisting with a sort of rage. 

"That you will either help me kill Itachi, or you will but out and watch as I kill Itachi myself," He said. 

"Itachi is mine to kill not yours! He took my family!" 

"He took mine too!" 

The two boys glared at each other before Naruto sighed, reigning in his anger. 

"Itachi is strong. He's only thirteen and he killed off your entire clan, and by the time we get to his level, he'll be even stronger by then. I know I can't kill Itachi on my own, and I think you know you can't do it either." 

"Bull shit, I'll gather all of my hatred and kill Itachi myself!" Sasuke roared, throwing the blankets off his legs as the food he had been eating scattered across the ground, the plate breaking as well as he jumped across the table and grabbed ahold of Naruto's collar and shook him violently.

"Me! I'll kill him! I deserve to! Me! Me! Me!" He shouted as tears streamed freely down his cheeks, falling onto Naruto's blue shirt. 

"Us," Naruto corrected. "I don't know you very well, and I know you don't know a lot about me. But out of everyone in this village, we both have suffered more than any of them. We're a lot alike in my opinion. But, I'm willing to learn more about you if it means Itachi dies." 

"We're nothing alike," Sasuke said as he let go of Naruto's collar, turning away from the blonde. Naruto tilted his head.

"No? Let me list the facts then for ya. We both hate Itachi, we're both orphans as of right now, we both want to see Itachi dead, I think we're around the same age, and we both have formal training one way or another. Give me a good reason why we shouldn't team up?"