Mommie Dearest

Flash Foward, Three Years From Now-- Dallas, Texas, 2016

Damon is speeding the car on the highway with Alaric riding in the passenger seat and Emely in the back.

They're on their way to the KQBC Channel 3 news station to make sure Caroline.

Alaric looks down at his wristwatch with a panicked expression as Damon exceeds 80 miles per hour.

Twenty-three minutes. "Alaric said.

Just enough time for me to get in, take out little Miss Stabby-Pants, and grab Caroline. "Damon said.

That's it? That's your plan? Just take her out? "Alaric asked.

It's simple. It's classic. Come on! "Damon said.

Yeah. Listen. I saw the "X" carved in Stefan's chest. Pretty sure she's not playing Tic-Tac-Toe. "Alaric said.

Damon scoffs at Alaric, who gives him a serious look.

Look. This is a trap. "Alaric suad.

Look, we know it's a trap, and I'm gonna spring it so Stefan can't. "Emely told him.

What? No I'm gonna spring it. "Damon said sternly.

Sure you are. "Emely said rolling her eyes.

Yeah. Well, look-- I didn't get a babysitter on thirty seconds notice just to sit in the car. "Alaric said.

You're not gonna just sit in the car. "Emely said.

Turn, turn, turn, turn. "Alaric said quickly.

Damon sharply takes the turn Alaric has indicated, and Alaric has to hold onto the door to stay upright as they slide into the back parking lot of the news station.

Emely hit her head in the window.

Ow. "She groaned annoyed.

Sorry. "Damon muttered.

Ok, there's no way Stefan didn't see Caroline's broadcast. He'll be here in a minute. When he gets here, pump him full of vervain so he can't hero his way in there. "Emely said.

If Caroline's in danger, I'm coming with you. "Alaric told him.

She doesn't want Caroline. She wants him! If he goes in there, he's dead. "Damon said annoyed.

Alaric sighs in defeat as Damon quickly gets out of his Camaro.

Emely follows him.

He turns to see her.

You are not going. One of us has to stay for shawn and autumn. "He told her.

Great. Why dont you be that one. They hate me enough. "Emely said.

She patted him and tried walking forward.

But he grabbed her arm.

They dont hate you. "He said softly.

Emely sighed.

I never gave them your letters. "Damon blurted.

Emely looked at him shocked and hurt.

Then she gasped in pain.

Alaric was behind her and injected her with vervain and witch hazel.